Quote Or Poem To Honor Deceased Loved Ones

We would appreciate any wedding ideas that honor loved ones that have passed on. We have seen flowers `in memory of`, but we would also like a quote or poem to put in the program. Thanks much.
Posted by mom of bride; updated 05/13/04

Actually, it could be a poem by the deceased person`s favorite poet or a quote by their favorite author.
Posted by Missy; updated 05/14/04

The poem that we are using in our program is below.

We are going to have pictures of our parents on the alter , in a small frame, and we are going to light a candle in their memory right after the unity candle. (the picture just happens to be their wedding photos)

"Although death has separated us physically, faith and love have bound us eternally.
Though we cannot see you, we know you are here.
Though we cannot touch you, we feel the warmth of your smile, as we begin a new chapter in our lives.

Today we pause to reflect upon those who have shaped our character,
Molded our spirits and touched our hearts.
May the lighting of this candle be a reminder of the memories we have shared,
A representation of the everlasting impact you have made upon our lives."

I hope that this is of some help.
Good luck,
Sandie
Posted by Sandie; updated 05/14/04

I have seen at weddings, an 8x10 picture of the person that has passed away up by the alter (on the side on a stand or something nicely decorated).. Then before the wedding starts, with music played, someone walked up the isle with a candle and lit a candle next to the frame.
Posted by Angela; updated 05/14/04

Thanks for your wonderful suggestions!
Posted by mom of bride; updated 05/15/04

My future husbands parents and my dad are both deased. We would like a poem or saying to put with there pictures at the wedding reception. Thank you
Posted by Laurie; updated 10/05/05

Hi dear, I saw you add about honorring a deceased one in a wedding, and i have an idea for you. What if you release w hite bird, any white bird that is, with the name of the decease ones in your family tied to the birds feet or paw, however you call that in English. The idea is that the birds will take that paper to your deceased one in heavens and your decesed ones will bless the couple and the new life that has just beggun. You could even right wishes on those little pieces of paper, good wishes for the bride and groom, and the birds and release the birds in a ritual sourd of and the wishes will go to your loved ones and will be blessed! Please e mail me and let me know how everything went.
May God bless the new couple and may love, joy, happiness and may all the best that they deserve be given to them.
Posted by Roberta; updated 10/19/05

This is what we did at my sister`s wedding and will do at all of our weddings. We bought flowers (your wedding flowers) and put them on a vase and set them in front of a statue in the church. The song "Angels Among Us" was played to honor them. We also included a special verse in the program.

“Angels Among Us” will be played in memory of all the loved ones who are unable to attend our special day, especially our grandparents, who are in our hearts today and always. They showed us how to live, taught us how to give and guided us with the light of love. We know they are among us today.

There wasn`t a dry eye in the church.

Hope this helps.
Melissa
Posted by Melissa; updated 07/28/06

Angels Among Us is a good song to play. Does anyone have an suggestions for any other titles?
Posted by Kathy; updated 03/06/08