Nemo Cakes

Please if any one has found some really cool finding nemo cakes let me know. I am looking for maybe a 3d cake either to buy or make homade. Something that really stands out from the rest. I have only found a few nemo cakes but nothing eye popping. Am doing my sons first b-day in nemo theme any ideas for this would be really appreciated.
Thanks. Kaykay
Posted by kaykay; updated 05/08/04

Hi, I was just wondering if you found any Finding Nemo cakes....I would like to make my daughter a Nemo cake for her 1st birthday as well. She LOVES Nemo!!

Thanks,
Heather
Posted by Heather; updated 07/16/04

I saw in a Wilton cake book that they took the football pan and decorated it like a fish, so why not Nemo?! If you need more cake you cake prop it on a large round cake and decorate it blue to look like water. My neighbor is making us a Nemo cake this weekend. She is taking a sheet cake and cutting it to a fish shape and going from there.
Posted by Amy; updated 09/15/04

Hi...thanks! Yes, I saw that Wilton idea too, but had the most difficult time finding the football pan...never did. But, I did buy the found "sports ball" cake pans. I cut a fish shape out of a sheet cake, then used 1 side of the sports ball pans to make it 3D. I used the remainder of the sheet cake for fins and the tail. If you`d like to see a picture of the outcome for ideas, just let me know and I`ll email it to you. Didn`t turn out too bad for my first attempt.
Posted by Heather; updated 09/15/04

Wow, that sounds great! How creative of you, first attempt and all!! Hats off to you! I bet they come out with a Nemo pan before long. Hope the party was great!
Posted by Amy; updated 09/15/04

Hey! My 18th birthday is coming up and I love Finding Nemo and would like to have a Dory cake! If you can send me some pics of what you did that would be great. Thanks!
Posted by ash; updated 09/18/04

I have some pictures of the Nemo cake we just had that I can share, but I have never seen a Dory cake. Let me know if you would like to see it!
Posted by Amy; updated 09/20/04

I`d love to see your Nemo cake Amy and I`d be happy to share mine too with you Ash, but am not sure if we can post pictures here. Do I just need to forward to your email addresses?
Posted by Heather; updated 09/20/04

I`d love to see your cake, but am a bit apprehensive about posting my email here and I don`t think you can delete a message once it is posted. Any ideas?
Posted by Amy; updated 09/20/04

I can`t think of any other way of doing it, so here`s my email address: heatherjones14@yahoo.com
Just send me an email with your pictures and I will reply with mine.
Posted by Heather; updated 09/23/04

I have made three cakes so far with a football wilton pan on top of a 11x15 cake just follow the pictures you have to add the fins and you can use chocolate icing to outline or buy the gel in black but it tastes bad. Good luck!
Posted by annie; updated 10/06/04

Posted 09/15/04 by Heather
Hi Heather i would like to see the picture of your cake so can you please email it to anitha19@hotmail.com
Thanks a lot
Posted by Anitha; updated 08/20/07