Photographer

For those of you who already booked a photographer....how did you go about doing it (aside from getting referrals).
What kind of package did you end up chosing? And what are paying?
Thanks.
Posted by Dawn; updated 05/05/04

I used to work for one, she`s from Hutchinson, MN... Very good and well priced for her ability. Normal pkges for most people I know is around $1500. They`re nto cheap and they can cost a LOT more. THat price incl. The photographers time, and an album with about 26 pic`s in it ( 8x10, 5x7`s and 4x6`s). Any ?, email me. Ang
Posted by Angela; updated 05/14/04

I met with four photographers that all fit within my price range. That`s, of course, after researching about 30 online and through email.

I found mine after meeting with her and "clicking." I liked her package and pricing and her ability to work with me - I`m not fitting into a regular package. Her work was exactly what I was looking for. I found it helpful to ask around and go to my local board on theknot.com to see what`s out there.
Posted by Angela; updated 05/15/04

Hi! My name is Michelle Sternberg and I am a wedding/portrait photographer. My best advice on choosing a photographer for your wedding is this...

First: Establish an approximate budget that you and your fiance feel comfortable spending. Remember that these are your WEDDING photographs, not just snap shots, so don`t budget too low if you can help it.

Secondly: Although referrals from friends are wonderful, remember that you and your friend may/may not have the same definition of `beautiful` `quality` `reasonably priced` etc. Etc. Etc. Meet with as many photographers as you feel you can- considering time constraints, etc. Look for posed and un posed photographs as well as just fun candids. Look for work that you like. Not just what other people like- they`re your photographs. Also- how many photographs do you need? Do you want a 50 page fine art album and a large wall portrait? Or do you only need a small table top album- say 20 pages of 5x7 portraits, and an 8x10 for your livingroom and office. Think about what family members will want and how the photographer caters to their needs as well- parents, etc.

Third: Above all make sure you `click` or feel comfortable with the photographer you choose. This person is responsible for capturing your wedding memories forever. It truly is once in a lifetime. Although price is really a factor, I believe that this third tip is the most important. If you feel comfortable with your photographer, chances are they feel comfortable with you and possibly will understand what you`re looking for better than just `the photographer you found at the last minute...`

Fourth: What does your photographer do for you??? I personally offer all of my clients- regardless of wether they choose a large or small photography package ( photography & albums sold separately, and as joint packages.) custom album design, custom package design- hours, time, pricing, prints, albums, etc. I also host a wedding gift registry which is a great way to have your guests contribute towards something so personal while expanding your photography budget- purchase more for the buck. ;) I also offer travel, on location, free engagement sessions, and many other options to my clients.

Above all remember that this is YOUR wedding. There are really three things that last after the ido`s have been said and the party is over- one is your marriage, two is your rings, and three are your memories. The photographer is responsible for helping you to remember your very special day! So you can see where this is not a decision to be taken lightly.

Good Luck!! Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions and I will help if I can. Www.sternbergstudios.com

Visit our page for more info: Sternberg Studios Photography

Posted by Michelle; updated 05/17/04

Hello
It`s very Nice to know this web-site and find what exactly thing I`m Looking for! I`m Pastor sanken kelly,i will like you to get in touch with me in regards to the availability on Oct 28 2004,And I would be glad if you can be the D.J for my Birthday which will take place in (VA),am presently in U.K For the preparation of my Birthday and won`t be back until one week before the date of the Birthday for some necessary preparations.Furthermore,I just want to know how you will prepare your self down for the Birthday B`cos I am invited the Magazine Marketing Company from U.K that will come for the Essential Coverage for the event I will like to know if you will accept cashier cheque for payment b`cos my mode of payment will be through Cashier Cheque...So please let me know your availability and Price Per Hour as for five Hour`s.Looking forward to read back from you. ! Thanks. N.B...I will pay for the travel fees expenses to Centre Cross VA.
Posted by sanken; updated 10/01/04