Death Of A Friend

Hey everyone my friend Thomas died yesterday going about 100 mph in his `03 Firebird around a curve the car crashed into a tree it threw him out and the car was cut in half it just really hurts because he was my homegurls boy. How can I help her and myself ease the pain???
RIP THOMAS MURPHAY

PS My ex- novio saw the whole wreck including the people taking away Thomas` body. The death made me think alittle more about my ex too and how much I still love him and I need to tell him before its too late.
Posted by Ducky; updated 04/17/04

Hey Ducky,
I`m so sorry to hear about your friend--Thomas`s death. It`s always hard to lose someone, especially when they are so young cuz it`s unexpected. Just remember the good times you had with your friend and be thankful for them. Your friend (his girlfriend) must be devastated. It`s hard because you don`t know what to say and are afraid you will say the "wrong" thing. Sometimes people will avoid his family and girlfriend because they don`t know what to do. Call or (if she is willing to see you) go to her and tell her that you are very sorry for her loss. Tell her you love (or care about) her, your praying for her, etc...whichever you feel comfortable saying and that you will be there for her to talk to or just get a hug from.
I lost my mom last summer and I know that sometimes people say things that make you feel worse, but they don`t mean to. Just saying that they are sorry for your loss and that they are thinking about you and praying for you, make you feel better. Sometimes you want to be alone to grieve and sometimes you want to be around people to talk or not to talk. Just be there for her and go with the flow of what she feels like doing. Take care!
Posted by Pat; updated 04/17/04

Thanks for the help. The wake was Sat. And although I didn`t attend my other friends told me about it while she was there and she was just trying not to think about it. When the newspaper came out today I cried because it showed his car and it was so smashed that I thought the backseat was really the front. I am sorry about your mom. I am going to try and talk my friend.
Posted by Ducky; updated 04/18/04