DOES THIS SOUND GHETTO???

HEY IM PLANNING MY QUINCE ON A BUGET AND I REALLY DONT HAVE THE MONEY FOR A DJ OR A BAND. MY PLAN WAS TO JUST HAVE LIKE A LIL SOUND SYSTEM IN THE BACK AND MAKE A BUNCH OF CD`S WITH MUSIC ON IT. A COUPLE PEOPLE HAVE LAUGHED WHEN I TOLD THEM THIS AND I REALLY CANT SEE WHY. AM I BEING CHEAP? HELP ME PLZ!!! WB.
Posted by PINKYKIWI; updated 04/12/04

Hey gurl, Do that it sounds fine because DJs and Bands are very expensive but the thing is that the sound might not be loud enough you should ask some friends who have big speakers if you can use the speakers. Dont even worry about it my sweet 16 is on a budget so I almost had to have it in my yard which I wouldnt like because its june and hot and I live in the woods so that means a lot of bugs and shit. Good Luck!
Posted by Ducky; updated 04/12/04

Thanx for the advice and help adnd i hope ur 16th is really fun.
Posted by talia; updated 04/12/04

Welcome email me if there is anything else loco_1961@juno
Posted by Ducky; updated 04/12/04

WHAT CITY ARE YOU IN ?
I think you should really shop around for a DJ
They would have the PROFESSIONAL sound equipment you need for a great celebration.
Music/Entertainment would definetely make your party a great success. Especially most DJ`s do EMCEE service. I think you want to have an event that your friends can say "that`s the best quince i`ve been to"
(never try to save money on music).
Cut a lil food or cheaper favors!
Contact me if you need some more advice.
Perhaps have a family member donate something$.
Posted by Rental Office; updated 04/12/04

GIRL PLEASE HOW MANY PARTIES HAVE U BEEN TO THAT THE DJ SUCKED AND SO DID THE PARTY?? IF U MAKE YOUR ON MIX CD `S YOUR SET! THE THING IS WHEN U SAY WHAT YOUR DOING MAKE IT SOUND LIKE WHAT YOUR DOING IS THE IN THING. BRING UP SOMEONES PART THAT THE MUSIC WASN`T GOOD, AND MENTION HOW YOU DON`T WANT IT TO BECOME A MESS LIKE THAT ONE. THEN YOUR GIRLS ARE GOING TO BE LIKE THAT`S TRUE. ASK YOUR GIRLS FOR IDEAS OF WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR SO ALL OF YOU FEEL YOUR THE D`J`S. YOU GOTTA BE PUMPED ABOUT IT!!
JUST REMEMBER HAVE FUN DO WHAT YOU WANT NOT WHAT EVERYONE ELSE THINKS IS COOL, AND REMEMBER EVERYONES ON A BUDGET IT`S JUST NO ONE TALKS ABOUT IT. IF HAVE ANY OTHER ??`S E-MAIL ME I LOVE HELPING OUT AS MUCH AS I CAN
IF YOU NEED ANY HELP W/IDEAS OR YOUR UNSURE DON`T BE AFRAID TO ASK MAGUILO2@AOL.COM
Posted by mari; updated 04/13/04

Gurl.
Don`t trip. That`s a great idea. Besides who cares what they think. It`s u`r party and it`s u`r night. If u`r cool wit it then it` all good.
Posted by Steph; updated 04/13/04

YOU SHOULD ENJOY YOUR SPECIAL DAY AND YOUR FRIENDS!!!!
Not worrying about what to music to put in.
And what to play next
(are u goin to spend all night by your cd player?)
Posted by Rental Office; updated 04/13/04