Jack And Jill Shower

I am hosting a jack and jill backyard party for about 60 people on memorial weekend. I would love to have a funny invite of some sort. The shower is not a theme because it is being hosted by the wedding party so they can receive gifts from their registry. Has anyone used a funny invite or can direct me? I also like the idea of a post card. He is into golf and she is into decorating.
Posted by Trish; updated 04/05/04

What is a Jack and Jill Shower? I`m from Minneapolis, MN and no one around here has ever heard of them.
Posted by Kay; updated 04/05/04

It is a shower for the bride and groom with both men and women invited. It is typically alot of fun and the gifts are for both so many people register at Home Depot or an outdoor/sporting goods store too.
Posted by Trish; updated 04/07/04

Hi! I know you posted this some time ago, but my brother is getting married in Sept 2004 and we are planning a Jack and Jill for them, did you find any funny invites and/or wordings for them?
I would greatly appreciate it if you can foward any information to me!
Thanks!
Kristina*
Posted by Kristina; updated 07/12/04

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All you are wrong for a "Jack & Jill"!
I tried to add the definition here but I could not.
br>
Posted by Hank; updated 10/11/05

Oh, give me a break. People use the term "Jack and Jill shower" ALL THE TIME, and it doesn`t refer to anything remotely kinky. It`s a bridal shower for both the bride and the groom. Maybe it`s a Northeast thing, but we have them up here all the time.
Posted by ace; updated 07/03/08

I know this might be a late reply, however, i thought i was worth mentioning a site i used for my sisters jack and jill party (stag and doe?) invitations.

They both had different concepts of what they wanted for there party, so it was quite difficult to come up with a party ticket. I ended up sourcing a company called Stagticket.com . I supplied them with some basic information and they mocked up a ticket for me to review and approve. I highly recommend them.

There website was www.stagticket.com , the designer i worked with was Cristina. Good Luck.

Sarah
Posted by Sarah R.; updated 12/10/09