How Do I Get Sponsors

Hey everyone, I am having a sweet 16 on june 4, 2005 and I am planning it now but the problem is (Please dont take this racist) But white people are stupid as I dont know and my family is white I am mixed but my mothers family is too far to help with the money. How can I explain the tradition of a quinceƱera/ Sweet 16 to them so that they will help out? email me BabieChula919@aol or loco_1961@juno .com Thanx
Posted by Guerita; updated 03/06/04

Can anyone help?
Posted by Guerita; updated 03/08/04

Tips please?
Posted by Jolie; updated 03/13/04

Guerita,

I think you need to talk with your mother, if I understand correctly, if she is hispanic, let her be the one to ask for padrinos. If by chance you are close to your non-hispanic family members, perhaps just expressing how much you would like to have a celebration, I think they would be willing to help out. Especially if they would like for you to learn a little more of your heritage. I don`t think they are stupid, just have had no need to be informed. Perhaps you will be the first to introduce them to this beautiful occasion?!?! Don`t worry to much, just have fun planning and talk with your parents! Good luck mija!
Posted by Veronica; updated 03/16/04

Hey thanks for the tip the only problem is she has very little family still alive. I will try to explain to my other family though plus friends who are hispanic have offered to buy something for it. I was thinking maybe I will have a yard sale or something.
Posted by Guerita; updated 03/16/04