Help! Photographer/Viedographer Little $$$

HELP! I need help finding a photographer / viedographer for my wedding in September (25th) for $500 or less. I don`t want to get something cheap and have bad photos or barely any photos and I don`t know where else to look. We have a very small budget which is extremely tapped because we have to fly my fiancee`s mom & dad in from Peru/Miami and get hotel rooms for them. I have cut corners and am doing almost everything myself, but I just can`t find a photgrapher! Any suggestions or other ideas for saving money on the rest of the wedding are greatly appreciated as well. Please help.
Posted by April; updated 03/02/04

Where are you located?
You could go to colleges around you area and
Look into the photography classes and talk to the professor. Students do internships and do portfollios and stuff, maybe they could do one on your wedding. Im sure all you would have to do is pay for film. Hope this helps.

Mel
Posted by mel; updated 03/02/04

I am in Atlanta, GA(Vinings). My wedding will be in Douglasville, GA. Thanks Mel, I will look into that.
Posted by April; updated 03/02/04

That`s exactly what I was going to suggest. See what you can find at local schools. Even high schools, as some others have been discussing, can provide excellent human resources for you. You can also put an ad in the paper asking for responses from photography students - then you can view portfolios and do "interviews."

As for the videography, there are some very cool computer programs out there where you can put together clips, still photos, highlights, whatever... Even set them to music, should you so desire.

I would think you could just ask two or three different people you know who have video cameras (digital cameras are probably best, but not absolutely necessary) to tape the ceremony from different places at the ceremony site.

Then, you can piece together your own video from what they film --- or again, look for a video student (some tech teachers are even starting their own businesses of this sort on the side) ---- there are high schools that offer courses in videography/media/etc. You may be able to find someone there to put together a video for you using the technology I mentioned above.

Or, if all else fails, you will at least have had several people taping ... Someone is bound to get a decent copy!

Good luck!
Posted by Bride-to-be; updated 03/02/04

Hey April,

I can help you out and get you the price that you need. Please visit my website at www.images4uphotography.com

Good luck and congratulations!

Visit our page for more info: Images4uphotography

Posted by Tim Griffin; updated 08/23/07