I Hope I`m Not Too Late...

WORTH READING. By Rigo Galvez, Disc Jockey
Quinceaneras are expensive affairs, as you may very well know by now and believe it or not a Band or DJ can make or break the mood in a memorable occasion. After all, if the music “stinks” every one goes outside or go home, but if the music drives your mind, every one will participate in more than one way at any celebration.

I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly when it comes to entertainment, an in my own words I would like to share in a short space a little bit of my experience regarding how a group, disc jockey or mc would affect that special moment forever.

I have seen the good: The good is a smart person who keeps track of the entire mood of a particular event, who is sensitive and open minded, some one who is capable of improvising and is flexible to work under pressure, keeping a calm smiling face and everything under control, even in worst case –real- scenarios, like fights, people getting sick, key people missing from the party or other services falling behind schedule.

The Bad: Entertainer showing up very late with malfunctioning equipment. DJ’s or musicians not dressed properly for the occasion. People talking too much on the mike. Forgetting key songs or rehearsed material or simply not qualified to run a specific event.

The ugly: People who bring an entire crew of people who hang around laughing on the stage. People getting drunk beyond recognition. People slurring words on the Mike. People making passes at a guest of the opposite sex –and sometimes the same sex! -. This was my two all time worst I’ve seen: One DJ who punched the groom on the face and another one who barfed all over the stage.

As extreme as this may sound, it happened, and I have to believe that either people who plan to have an event would not ever think that would happen to them.

All musicians and DJ’s claim to be the best, and all claim to be experienced so what it boils down is to how much they charge. Or how much a client is willing to pay. It doesn’t mean he who charges the most is the best, or vice versa. My point is not to be deceived in that area. Beware if they sound “cheap”. Don’t let your party be a stepping stone for them, because it will drag down everything else you put into.

My best advice is: ALWAYS ASK FOR REFERENCES FROM A PREVIOUS EVENT. Or ask to hear the DJ some place, keeping in mind that a good DJ will flex to the occasion.

For a free consultation, without any type of obligation, EVEN IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A DJ IN MIND or ARE WORKING WITH ONE! I will be glad to share any concerns or doubts.

Visit www.latinmusicdj.com

Good Luck!

DeeJayRig OG, Mix Master

Visit our page for more info: Latin Image

Posted by Rig; updated 03/01/04