Parents,Parents,Parents!!!

Im doing my 15 and i don`t want to go to church and my mom said alright but my dad is mad cause thats not the way it supposed to be and i don`t want to go please help me!!!
Posted by BABYGIRL; updated 02/25/04

Girl sabes que you cant have a quince if you dont have church so i dont know that aint gonna be a quince since its tradition to go to church either that or you can pay a father to do the ceremony at the reception
Posted by marina; updated 02/26/04

I think you should do whatever you want because I`m not doing the church either and Im not going to have a father at the reception too. I think you should just give you dad sometime and eventually he will get over it. Well i hope that helps!
Posted by Sylvia; updated 02/26/04

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? If you are going to follow a tradition, follow it right. If you are having a big party which your dad is paying for it, why not follow his orders? After all, is only an hour of your life. I ignore the reason of why you don`t want to have the church part, but in my opinion, the church part is the most important factor when celebrating a quinceanera. Is like if you only had a baptism party without going to church. Did you know that in Mexico a lot of quinceaneras can afford only the church part without having a big party? I think you are spoiled and you are not at the age to do whatever you want yet. I have coreographed lots of quinceaneras and I have seen this many times before. Go along with your dad`s opinion, believe me, receiving God`s blessing should not an option, if you call your self Catholic or Christian.
Alejandro
Posted by Alejandro; updated 02/26/04

I agree. I think all you are is a spoild brat who just wants a big party, just like a "sweet 16"
Posted by christina; updated 02/26/04

I truly agree with Alenjandro. The church is WWAAAAAYYYY more important than the party. Its ashame how God is being placed last instead of first. If you were my daughter I would cancel the entire event! Remember, the ceremony is a BIG, and not to mention, THE MAIN part of a Quinceanera.!!! I think you would truly hurt you Dad in a way you will never be able to make up for in the future. At least go to the ceremony, your parents are the ones paying for this entire event. Give him that ONE wish!
Posted by Debb; updated 02/27/04

Everyone is right going to church is tradition and it will always be going to church shows you and tells you how much you have grown and stuff and you are better off going it is tradition like i said before just go you will be happy if you go
Posted by Tishbeth; updated 02/27/04

Well i agree with alejandro except the spoiled brat part but they are right it is tradition GOD is not an option he is always there and will never leave go with what your dad says it is good if you do from my opinion i am about to have a sweet 15 soon and i am christian and it is tradition to go i am also choreographing my quinceneira i cant spell that good in spanish but any ways i suggest you go to church you are better off
Posted by Tishbeth; updated 02/27/04

I think you should go to church or have a father but if u dont want to i guess nobody`s gonna change your mind but im sayin caus eits tradition and all but if u can convince your dad go for it!!!!!!

! !
=
(___)
Posted by meli; updated 02/27/04

Well im BABYGIRL thanks for all of your comments especially 2 SYLVIA,TISHBETH,and MELI thanks 2 all and best wishes you really helped me 2 decide.
Posted by BABYGIRL; updated 02/29/04

So wat r u deciding on doing and i wish u best of luck at ur 15nera and hope u wish me luck but mine is next year in july
Posted by Tishbeth; updated 03/01/04

I choosed not 2 go to church and my dad did understand only that he`s planning a sweet sixteen already and i said ok we don`t really need 2 go to church or we don`t have too.
Posted by BABYGIRL; updated 03/01/04

That sounds awesome well the best of luck i hope you have fun
Posted by Tishbeth; updated 03/02/04

This is for Tishbeth. I just want to clarify something. I did not call her a "spoiled brat", what I said was "I think you are spoiled." The meaning is different and I did not say it to hurt anybody. Please Tishbeth, don`t put words in my mouth, I have a reputation to take care of. I have coreographed many quinceaneras in the last ten years and I don`t want people to think I am a big mouth guy. Finally, I am not trying to sound mean but next time pay close attention to what you read and how you interpret it. You could save yourself lots of troubles.
I am here for all of you with questions and doubts about how to plan a quinceanera, not to cause problems.
Alejandro
Posted by Alejandro; updated 03/02/04

Hi alejandro
Posted by stephanie; updated 03/03/04

Hey wat up i am so sorry that i did that but you know it wasnt my fault because my friend started to talk to me and what happened was that i had called her a brat but instead of it being on the im it came out on here i am so sorry forgive me
Posted by Tishbeth; updated 03/03/04

Hi Stephanie
Posted by Alejandro; updated 03/03/04

What r u doin?
Posted by stephanie; updated 03/04/04

Alejandro where do u live?
Posted by stephanie; updated 03/06/04

Wow

Thats all i can say
Your father is paying for this big day and u cant even respect and honor him enough to do as he wishes and go to church its only one hour how hard could it be u truly are spoiled and have no respect for your fathers wishes some girls dont even get there quinceaneras no matter how much there fathers try to do it for them and they deserv one much more then you do i cant believe someone could be so selfish.
Posted by jennifer; updated 03/17/04

The moment you stray away from tradition, you shape the event into a single separate act. Is like Cinco De Mayo without the battle of Puebla, like Chistmas without Christ, Like Easter without Jesus...A quinceanera without the mass is no longer a quinceanera, it becomes a 15TH BIRTHDAY PARTY.
Posted by Rig; updated 03/17/04