QUINCEANERA HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey!!!!my quinceanera is in a week and i know the traditional jobs for like my dad, madrina, padrino, but i dunno what my mom is supposed to so? is there any tradition that she`s in charge of???????plz help i`m desperate for an answer to this question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by rebeca; updated 02/18/04

Rebeca-
Honestly, even though our moms our important and we lov`em and all, I`ve never seen like a traditional thing the mom takes part in. Some change the crown in the reception though and make el brindis together with your dad.
Posted by Tania; updated 02/19/04

The crown....and if she wants a speech.
Posted by { and only}; updated 02/20/04

Yes there is something your mom can do. I you are doing the traditional changing of the shoes and crowning you should maybe have the madrina hold the pillow while padrino crowns you and your mother hold the shoes and hands them one by one to your dad as he changes your shoes.

Just something to think about!
Posted by Nelzie; updated 02/24/04

Yes there is something your mom can do. I you are doing the traditional changing of the shoes and crowning you should maybe have the madrina hold the pillow while padrino crowns you and your mother hold the shoes and hands them one by one to your dad as he changes your shoes.
Mom could always read a poem to you.

Just something to think about!
Posted by Nelzie; updated 02/24/04

Hey Girl, I want to know the same thing my mother take a big part in my life and I want her in my party but I dont want her to just put on my crown. I have a dance with my father and I want to do something with a song with my mom. W/b loco_1961@juno.com
Posted by Guerita; updated 02/24/04