Jack N Jill Party

Instead of having seperate parties, we are gonna do a jack n jill. And after the party we are gonna have guys n girls night out. Anyone have any GOOD ideas on what we can do for the party??? Like game ideas, food ideas etc etc etc. Thanks

Melissa
Posted by melissa; updated 02/08/04

ANYBODY HAVE AN GOOD IDEAS??????
We are open for anything. Thanks again.

Melissa
Posted by melissa; updated 02/09/04

Hi
We`re doing a jack and jill too. But we`re not really doing any games. We are going to give our friends tickets to sell to anyone they want, and then we`re having a friend use his MP3 player to record hours worth of songs and he has big huge speakers that he can hook his MP3 player up to, so we can skip a dj. That way it will be more like a big party. And we`ll have raffles for booze and other little mini-gifts for the guests. And we`ll have all our friends and some family make food, so it will be a pot luck thing too. We won`t take gifts, this isn`t about getting presents, like you would at a shower. But we`re doing it to save some money so we don`t have to have a separate engagement party and shower.
Posted by Krystyn; updated 02/09/04

Thank you Krystyn for the idea........raffles sound good. My brothers girlfriend is gonna put one together.

I kinda want to get food ideas and game idea.
Anyone got any?? thank you

Melissa
Posted by melissa; updated 02/15/04

At the risk of sounding dumb what is a Jack and Jill party? Is it a wedding shower for both the bride and the groom instead of just a bridal shower for the bride?
Posted by March Bride; updated 02/15/04

Not dumb at all March Bride yes it`s a party for the bride and groom. Instead of having seperate parties many people are having jack n jill parties. :)

Melissa
Posted by melissa; updated 02/15/04

My husband & I had a jack n jill party and now we are throwing one for my sister & her fiancee`. There are so many ideas...Like soaking orange slices in vodka and selling them 3 for a $1 and soaking cherries in rum and selling those 6 for a $1. The idea of a Jack N Jill party is also for couples that live together and anything over the cost of the party (what the bridal party spent) is given to the bride & groom to put towards the wedding or their honeymoon. We are having a chicken BBQ with raffles, a dj, a dare jar-anyone can put a dare in the jar for the bride and groom and you pull the dares out thru-out the day and if they want they can pass them on to the wedding party-but of course, they must do a shot each time they pass them on. U can also make jello shots and do other types of games.
Posted by Tiffany; updated 03/24/07

Hi Melissa,
I`ve been a part of a few Jack n Jill`s and it seems that the guys all flock to a certain game, and spend a LOT of $$$ there. It`s the good old Money Wheel. You can rent one at any rental store, Taylor rental where I live, and it really does make you a good profit, and keep the men occupied while the ladies dance. You can also do dance contests and raffles.
Posted by Goth Bride; updated 02/08/09

Hey Melissa-

I am also having a Jack n Jill Party! We are having it this July 2009 and we are doing beack party theme. We had my brother build a very low cost but awesome tiki bar where we are putting a margarita station. We also got some cheesy like but oh so cute party decorations at walmart! I know you may think it sounds dumb...but I actually think everything is going to pull together to be a really fun day! We are also doing non-traditional things like having donut cake-sort of a Rhode Island thing I think. Its a GIANT donut in the shape of anything you want covered in frosting and colored jimmies...so cheap! We are spending most of our money on the wedding itself, so we are doing what we can with the money weve got! Also a good idea-instead of doing "green back" like most people are doing these days, we are registered with our travel agent-so hopefully our 8 day honeymoon in Jamaica will be paid for! Its great for us but also puts some people at ease...who hate giving cash (I know a bunch of those)!
Posted by Jessica; updated 05/08/09

I am getting married in May 2010 and was considering a Jack & Jill also. BUT...I`ve been told that everyone you invite to the shower should be invited to the wedding. How does that work if you`re just handing out tickets to everyone you know?? (I even saw a flyer posted in a gas station for a couple that was having a J & J!!) Any other advice & suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! (I also loved the idea of the money wheel!)
Posted by Michele; updated 11/10/09

I`m planning a jack n jill right now. I`m getting married in May. How many months before the wedding should we have the jack n jill? Is it ok for the bride and groom to sell tickets along with the bridal party? I`m trying to think of what to raffle off. I know a few people who had a jack n jill, plus a shower, plus a bachlorette party. I thought the jack n jill takes the place of your shower. I wasn`t planning on having a shower therefore I`m not registered for gifts anywhere. I know some people don`t like to give money as a wedding gift. Not sure what I should do about that.
Posted by Christine; updated 12/08/09

Games.....You can lay out a deck of cards, write the words BRIDE & GROOM on one card. Don`t let anyone see what card it is writen on. Have everyone pay $2.00 to guess what card it is on. Who ever guesses what card it is on get half the money and the bride and groom to be get the other half.

You can buy a 40 ozer of your choice. Put it on the floor near a wall. Everyone tosses loonies and toonies at it. The closest one to the bottle at the end of the game wins the bottle and bride and groom to be gets all the money.

But raffle tickets and have a 50/50 draw. The persons ticket that gets pulled win half the money and the bride and groom to be get the other half of the money.
Posted by Anne; updated 01/31/10