Sweet 16/Cotillion

I am giving my daughter a Sweet 16/ Cotillion. I`d like to do everything the correct way. Does anyone know any books or resources that I can use to plan a traditional/cultural Sweet 16? We are African American.
Posted by Michelle; updated 02/04/04

Well I am half Mexican and half Filipino and im giving my daughter a Quinceanera but the Filipino tradition is having a cotillion at the age of 18. At the hall the birthday girl will blow out 18 candles held by 18 very special people in her life and also 18 roses were given to her by 18 special male family members or friends. The candles were lit by 18 special females in her life. The traditions are endless, just get creative and think of your own, it dont have to be tradition, start new ones!!
Posted by Debb; updated 02/17/04

My daughter, also afro-american will be having a sweet 16 in September 2004. I would like to email some ideas if you like.
Posted by Monee; updated 02/23/04

Hi Im having a Sweet 16 in September also, I want it to be like a 15nera, only problem I havent even started planning. I know where its going to be, the food, my dress, my family, but Im not sure about my friends becuase we have never had a Sweet 16 thrown like a 15nera. I would appereicate any help. If so please feel free to email me at lil_babydoll_85546@yahoo.com
Posted by Breezi; updated 03/14/04

Monee, Please e-mail me your ideas.
Posted by Michelle; updated 03/16/04

This message is for Michelle and/or Monee. I am african-american and wil be planning a sweet 16 , could you please email me your suggestions or ideas as I am having trouble finding a resource for info. Thanks, also anyone with suggestion I welcome the help.
Posted by Cathy; updated 12/11/05