Is Salsa Y Merengue Y Cumbia Okay?

Well, I have all my songs picked out for the dances. I`m doing 3. The songs that I am doing are:

La Negra Tiene Tumbao - Celia Cruz
Suavemente - Elvis Crespo

And the traditional waltz.
I`ve been to once XV where they have used Salsa music such as Celia...but I was wondering about everyone elses reaction to that type of music as our dance.
XxxxBrandyxxxx
Posted by Brandy; updated 01/26/04

HELL YEA GIRL THATS FINE ITS UNIQUE CUZ IN ALL THE OTHER QUINCANERAS THEY ALL ARE THE SAME OL STUFF SO IF I WAS U THEN YEA I WOULD DO MY 15 ANERA HAD BACHATA
Posted by alexandra; updated 01/27/04

Well....I don`t know.....Now I have people that are hating because they say that I shouldn`t do it....It`s like "WHAT THE HELL!" I think that I am going to do it anyways....but I am still now so sure....Help me with some advice please!
Lady Teardrop - Brandy
Posted by LaDyTeArDrOp; updated 02/04/04

I have done 10 of them my suggestion is
Do not do Vicent Fernanadez. That is good for dinner music. Stick to tex-mex , cumbias , merengue , most people like Ramon Ayala, stuff like that. Remember to put some old school and today stuff stay away from the rap. Throw in some older spanish love songs for the older group.
Posted by patty; updated 02/09/04

Im aldo doing a merengue and cumbia and ever1 has agreed on it but if u want it thats what u should have its ur day. So make the decisions u want. Tell me how it goes
Lil_chula@hotmail.com
Posted by maria; updated 02/10/04

HEY WAS SUP WELL I THINK ITS UR 15 AND U DO IT HAVE EVER THA HELL U WANT IT U WANT COUNTRY PUT COUNTRY JUZZ REMEMBER THAT ITS YOUR PARTY AND LET THEM KEEP HATIN CUZ THEY STILL GUNNA STAY THERE~!!@@ AINT IT
WELL HOPE I HELP U PEACE
Posted by CADdy; updated 02/13/04

Hey i did a merengue i did SAUVEMENTE-ELVIS CRESPO it came out so tight i loved it but grl do wut u want its ur party!
Posted by Amanda; updated 02/13/04

Hell yea!,,,,,thats the best ur friends r trippin if they dont think sala y merengue r the best music eva...ur latin celebrate ur culture!...if they dont knw how 2 dance...i knw ur fam will..so dont trip show em u can dance salsa...l8az...AZUCAR!!!
Posted by jk*; updated 02/14/04

Well, thank you!
You guys are right.
I`m going to do my salsa and merengue music anyways. It`s my quinceanera and I don`t know why I should not be aloud to do whatever the hell I want. The only challenge is that I know that I am going to have a couple of people that don`t know how to dance to my Latin music and it is going to be hard teaching them. Does anyone have any ideas on how to teach them? Thanks. Al Rato.
Lady Teardrop
Posted by LaDyTeArDrOp; updated 02/15/04