GANGSTER THEMED 18TH PARTY. PLEASE HELP!

I am planning a 20`s gangster themed 18th birthday party with my friend. We wanted to make our party different and memorable without the theme embarassing anyone, so this seemed a good choice! We`re leaving the clothes choices to the guests (providing example pics on the invites) so really the things we need help with are decorations and food/drinks. Does anyone have any links or advice about the sort of decor and refeshments we could use. The only prob is, being students, we have limited budgets - but any ideas would be gratefully received! Thank you!
Posted by Liz; updated 01/22/04

Where are you doing the pary??? You could do it in someone`s house or in the garage with spray painting posters/signs on the walls. For drinks you can have soda. I have no idea what to do for the food, but I REALLY hoped that my advice help, even the tiniest bit... Send a message back and tell me what you think... THNX!
Posted by Anais; updated 01/22/04

Great theme! Think of old jazz clubs and decorate by hanging up "wanted" posters of your friends/ guests. Give them all nicknames such as Joe "Lefty" Miller, Sara "Sticky Fingers" Sommers, etc. Easy enough to come up with using scanner and computer. Print in black and white.

Get some cheap, plastic martini glasses for your "bathtub gin" and keep the food limited to finger foods.

I`ll post again shortly with a number of handy links that I ran across while planning a 40`s themed party.

Have fun!
Posted by Tracy; updated 01/22/04

Thank you! We really like that `wanted` poster idea and we`re thinking maybe simple cocktails for drink (As we`re in the UK so it`s legal). We`d like to have our party in a hired hall, but that`s another prob we`re finding at the mo - that they`re either too expensive, booked up or not big enough. Thanks for the links! If anyone else has an ideas, feel free to carry on posting.
Posted by Liz; updated 01/23/04

Hire a hall wiv a bar to do cocktails
Posted by Danny; updated 01/27/04

Keep em coming people!
Posted by Liz; updated 02/10/04

HEY I THINK U SHOULD HAVE THE GANGSTER THEME THATS IGHT AND U SHOULD HIRE A HALL CUZ MORE SPACE AND STUFF SO UH BYE
ANGIE
Posted by ANGIE; updated 02/17/04