Videography Vs. Photography

Would anybody like to comment on if they are planning to use a photographer, videographer, or both at their wedding? I would think that most people who video their wedding also hire a photographer, but I would like to clarify my intuition. Thanks!
Posted by Aaron Reno; updated 01/13/04

Both. They serve two different purposes.
Posted by Linda; updated 01/13/04

Just a photographer. You can have a friend or family member set up a camera for free. No use of adding another expense into the mix. Plus, how often will you watch the tape anyway????? Don`t spend money on something that you will only watch once.
Posted by Adrianne; updated 01/13/04

Memories are kept forever, however to have your memories last ask yourself who would you trust to photograph your special day? can you take the chance of not having any photos or video? also take into consideration the price. If your budget does not allow you to hire both Videographer and Photographer choose which is better for you. Sometimes the photographer is enough to keep your memories alive forever. Wishing you a beutiful wedding. Dimitrios P.

Visit our page for more info: Dimitrios Photographers

Posted by dimitrios; updated 01/13/04

You should consider a professional videographer. I have had brides say to me later they wish they had. An amateur videographer may do an ok job, but most won`t have the equipment needed to record without picking up all the ambient noise. So, that`s ok if you don`t want to record the vows, or any of the little things that may be said. For examples of this, see our website at fivediamondsmultimedia.com. We are in Delaware.
Posted by Dee; updated 01/02/06

You definitely want to do both! As a wedding photographer and videographer for over 20 years in Los Angeles and Corona, many of my couples thoroughout the years who did NOT do video, commented that it was their biggest regret from their wedding. Still photos cannot capture the words of the toast, cannot capture Grandma doing the electric slide etc. Your future children may not ever get to know some of the older family members, or hear their voice and see their personality. Video captures this forever. Check out our website and see some video samples! www.weddingpictures.com
Posted by Helen; updated 01/08/06

If your budget allows, you should do both. Many people I know say that they watched their wedding video a few times and then it ended up in the box somewhere. If you think this is what you would do, invest your money into a photographer and forgo a videographer all together. Don`t waste money on something you will barely use and use the money instead on a great photographer. On the other hand, if you are a couple who document every moment together (and I have clients like this too), then a video is not such a bad idea. Good luck and Congrats!
Posted by Mary Henry; updated 01/11/06

Your children and grandchildren will never get to see and hear you when you were young. You will loose the sounds and visuals of the most sacred day of your life.
Go with photography & video.
Good luck
Allen

Visit our page for more info: DVP Video - Long Island Video Weddings

Posted by Allen; updated 01/30/06