QUE SIGNIFICA LA CELEBRACION DE QUINCEAÑERA?

I NEED A QUINCEAÑERA POEM
My dauther is going to be a 15 Yrs. I am planning a quinceañera for her. I need to have a letter explaining the meaning of a Quinceañera, What is it? How we start having this tradition? Who started? see My dauther`s father and all his family and friends never been into a quinceañera so I like to read this letter on the knight of the party, also the letter Need`s to be in English, because nobody in the party speak spanish ( only my 2 dauthers and my self ) And like you notice ... I do not write or speak a good English. Thank You for you help.
Posted 01/08/04 by Susan
Posted by Susan; updated 01/10/04

As I can see you can use the computer. Which is great.
There are some websites of how the quinceanera cam about. Look under stories of the Quinceanera or history on Mexican fiestas. Also try to look at the things you have from your daughter since the day she was born and start making versus of items and memories and try to fit them as a poem.

Example: When you came to this world my life change in an instant.
Now that you are fifteen my life will change again.
Seeing you when you were one, all the cake in the face
But whe you were two, that cake went in my face.

Something like that

Let me know what you think

Dance instructor in Dallas
Posted by victor; updated 01/11/04

Quiceaneras is a tradition that started with Aztecs and the Mayas in Mexico. The Aztecs celebrated or intruduced the girls and the boys at age of fifteen years of age to their society. Girls were presented and prepared them to became a wife and the girl was ready to became a mother, and the boy was ready to became a worriosr and go to war and also they ready to hunt. The Mayas they presented the teens to society at the bigening of puberty to society. How ever, thanks to the Lord thing have change. Today a Quinceanera is young lady that begins a stage of her life with new responsabilities with society, but the most important thing responsabilitiy in growing spiritualy. So she can became a better person in all areas in life. Thats way the quinceanera begans with a religious ceremony. Which is the most impotant of all, if you realy want to celebrate the real meaning of a quinceanera
Posted by Imelda Palomo; updated 01/11/04