Not The Same Ole Thing, What Do You Think?

Not The Same Ole Thing
My daughter is having her quince Feb. 28 2005. We live in the Dallas area. You guys are always so full of great suggestions, so here are my questions:

My daughter has chosen Lilac as her color (the color of her birthstone). If her dress is Lilac (strapless with an adorable bolero jacket) what color should her damas dresses be?

We have chosen the theme Como La Flor. What is everyone`s opinion on that?

With this theme, decorating ideas? White roses everywhere?

How about using the #15 on all of the tables, the # painted Lilac, glittery, as a centerpiece?

Dad is totally out of the picture. Who does she do her father/daughter dance with? Does it have to take place?

Finally, is there anyone in the Dallas area that is having an upcoming quince that I might be able to attend with my daughter to get some more great ideas? I know this last one is a bit much too ask, but you guys all seem so friendly, that I figured what the heck, its worth a try, and we`ll bring a gift!!!

ANY and all comments are welcome!
Orellanax@aol.com

Thanks a million for your help!!!!
Susie
Posted by susie; updated 01/06/04

If the father is not present she either dances with grampa or with her padrino de honor or somebody who has been a father figure if not there is nothing wrong with dancing with your very special mother or take it out of the vals completly. My sister was 5 when my father died on her quince we asked my uncle who we have not seen in 10 years to be be her padrino (he looks like my dad) when she dance the vals it was like seeing my dad dance every one cried but like I said it depends on the situation
Posted by marcie; updated 01/06/04

Hey I think Lilac is a very pretty color to use. My colors are pink and white. And I really like that idea of the # 15 colored lilac and glitterey for centerpieces. And about the father/daughter dance why don`t she dance it with her grandfather or with an uncle. Does she have a relative that means alot ot her. Well my 15 is on February 21, 2004 but I live in Florida. Hey and I like the idea of the white roses. Well I hope I helped with my opinions. Bye! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by lorena; updated 01/06/04

The color of her dama`s dresses could be her fav color. The decor for the theme could be a bunch of flowers every color everywhere or something like that. It should be very gardenish. I relate to you on the dad thing. My parents got divorced when i was three and i haven`t seen my dad since. In my Quinceanera I`m going to dance a song with my step-dad and my oldest brother. Finally, I would invite you to my quince but I live in Brownsville, so it would be hard for you guys to come. I hope I helped. Always, Lyn
Posted by ***LYN***; updated 01/06/04

HEY,
WELL THERE IS TONS OF THEMES YOU COULD CHOOSE FROM THERE IS THE MARDI GRAS COLORS MY COUSIN HAD HER DAMAS ALL A DIFFERENT COLOR AND THERES THE CINDERELLA THEME ALSO. ABOUT THE FATHER DANCE ITS UP TO YOU ON WHAT YOU WANT TO DO. I WOULD INVITE U TO MY 15 BUT I LIVE IN FT.WORTH IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS E-MAIL ME AT LILKRAZEY322@YAHOO.COM
Posted by Christi; updated 01/06/04

All of these are great choices. The theme song will work perfectly you can have white and lilac roses. The damas??? thats hard. They can also have lilac, although it can be a different tone. Or they can wear white. Or if your daughter wants she can have a beutiful white dress with some lilac on it. Its really up to her. If her father is not present then you can use a positive male figure in her life. A cousin, uncle, older brother. Someone she loves and has had a positive impact on her life. If you have any more questions just ask!
Posted by Connie; updated 01/06/04

I sent you an e-mail, but wanted to post that PURPLE damas dresses would look AWESOME with a lilac XV dress..
Lilac and purple decorations look good together.
AND- Purple was Selenas favorite color...
White roses would definately be appropriate. As far as the father daughter dance, "been there done that.". She can dance with your dad, a brother, or close cousin or uncle...
You are welcome to come to my salon when I have a 15 to check it out.. It`s in Garland
--Margie
Posted by Margarita; updated 01/09/04

I think the damas can use a very light lilac color to go with her dress. Also about the Father , does she have an older brother and if so, that would be the person that she will dance with also, on the theme, try not to make it very complicated, because where are you going to get the help from, and also if you do get the help who are they going to be, or if you hire people , that is more money for you to spend. The theme you have chosen is very nice, If you live in the Dallas area try Video arte as your videographer and she can make a video singing that song, also I forgot about the father dance , try to have your older brother or orther uncle to dance with her. That is the main thing that most quinces want to do is to dance with Dad.
I do not have any parties this month, but you never now, and another thing do not do it all on your own, remember that this is a family party and you would like a lot of people to help you out in looking for stuff as well as doing stuff for you. Ask the person you trust the most. Also hire a preson to help you with her vals or cadetes if that makes it easy for you. Remember that you also do not want to have stress. Let me know how it goes.

Victor
Baila Conmigo
Dance Instructor
Posted by victor; updated 01/11/04

Thank you all so much for responding!!! The more I look into all of the planning with my daughter, I wonder who is more excited!! Me, her, her aunts, or her grandmother!! My daughter does have an older brother who will be just about 17 on the day of her quince, since it is the three of us, he would be the perfect choice, and she also has an uncle who would be honored as well. I didn`t know if any else had gone through the same situation, am glad to know that I am most definitely not the only one!!
Posted by susie; updated 01/15/04