Not The Same Ole Thing

My daughter is having her quince Feb. 28 2005. We live in the Dallas area. You guys are always so full of great suggestions, so here are my questions:

My daughter has chosen Lilac as her color (the color of her birthstone). If her dress is Lilac (strapless with an adorable bolero jacket) what color should her damas dresses be?

We have chosen the theme Como La Flor. What is everyone`s opinion on that?

With this theme, decorating ideas? White roses everywhere?

How about using the #15 on all of the tables, the # painted Lilac, glittery, as a centerpiece?

Dad is totally out of the picture. Who does she do her father/daughter dance with? Does it have to take place?

Finally, is there anyone in the Dallas area that is having an upcoming quince that I might be able to attend with my daughter to get some more great ideas? I know this last one is a bit much too ask, but you guys all seem so friendly, that I figured what the heck, its worth a try, and we`ll bring a gift!!!

ANY and all comments are welcome!
Orellanax@aol.com

Thanks a million for your help!!!!
Susie
Posted by susie; updated 01/06/04

I really like the flor idea that sounds really "formal". For mine I haven`t decided on a theme, but I`m thinking of either Maroon / bergandi and like a whitish, pearl for the colors. I think you should stick with the dress and color that sounds so cute. I would invite u to mine, but it`s another 8 to 9 months away, so. As for the father daughter, you should just have one of your daughter`s closest uncles/ grandpas to dance w/ her or just not have it at all. Have you discussed it w/ her maybe yu should leave it up to your daughter since it is hers. My aunt is trying to overrule mine and I finally just came out and told her that it was my celebration and I didn`t want charro dresses and suits. I`m not saying that your doing that, but I just had to put in that extra detail.
Posted by Amy; updated 01/07/04