Lost Job, Now What? HELP!!!PLEASE!!!!

I was laid off from my job the wk of Thanksgiving. My soon to be husb. And myself we going to pay for our own wedding. Now its just him. I feel terrible, but he says everything will be ok. I wanted this wedding to be something from a fairytail (don`t we all), however I feel now it just won`t happen. Although this will be my second marriage, I really didn`t have much of a wedding the first time. I had no relatives attend other than my sister. Now my parents are here in the states and the entire family will be there. I was so excited!!! I am now very stressed. Does anyone have any cheap yet elegant suggestions, advise, ANYTHING???!!??
Thanks so much.....
Posted by Kay; updated 12/30/03

Where are you located?
What kind of cheap alternatives are you talking about. For the hall, centerpieces, favors, cake , cake-top??? waht exactly to you need/want?
Posted by nelzie; updated 12/30/03

I`m in Summerville, SC. We looked at a park to get married in, but there is not area for the reception. We really wanted a place for the wedding and reception, but all the other parks or wedding houses wanted a very large amount of $$$$, since they require us to use their caterer. I already have a caterer (a friend) and I already have a DJ (another friend). Other than that I haven;t even picked out my dress and I`m getting married in July. One other thing, we did purchase the invitations (blank) and we are going to print them up ourselves. I`m trying to save everyway possible. Any other help is appreciated!!!Thanks, K
Posted by Kay; updated 12/30/03

Have you tried using a fucntion hall, so that you can use your own catering. Like a lodge, elks, sons of italy type hall??
Posted by nelzie; updated 12/30/03

Don`t worry mija its your day pero get padrinos to help you with everything thats what they do here where i live
Posted by Lore; updated 12/30/03