Songs To Walk Down The Aisle To

I need a good song for my mom and dad to walk me down the aisle to. I want them to both give me away. If u have any suggestions then please, please give me answers. I am getting married in March.
Posted by Amy; updated 12/28/03

I don`t know if you`re into jazz, but Kenny G has a number of wonderful instrumentals. I believe he composed a song titled "The Day" that was dedicated to the day he married his long-time girlfriend. There are some more great jazz artists that have great instrumentals.
Posted by Theresa; updated 12/29/03

The Day is a beautiful song and it is by Kenny G, however, it is about the day his son was born. He wrote it watching his wife cradle his newborn son, so although beautiful, it really isn`t appropriate for a wedding. Although, if you do want to go the Kenny G route, the song he wrote for his fiancee/wife that he played on their wedding day was simply titled a wedding song. I would also consider more contemporary pieces you can also get instrumental versions for most pop/love songs. Hope this helps
Sarah
Posted by Sarah; updated 12/29/03

I am using a James Ingram song. I think "give me forever" is the name. It is beautiful though. Will get the full name if you are interested. Thevarietystore1@yahoo.com
Posted by Tamra; updated 12/30/03

If you`re especially close to your Dad, you`ve got to go to www.danaparish.com and listen to the song She Laughed. It`s beautiful (also a great song to dance with your dad to).
Posted by Lisa; updated 01/03/04

Another great song is Kissing You by Des`ree, Instrumental or vocal.
Posted by Andrea; updated 02/16/04

I suggest the theme from Terms of Endearment. If you have a pianist who can play it live, all the better. The song gives me chills.
Posted by BeckyB; updated 02/17/04

The Kenny G " Wedding Song" is the one he wrote for his wife. It is on his "Breathless" album. I used it in my first wedding. It is still a beautiful song.
A great song for Parents though is still "Wind Beneath My Wings". I used a karoke version of it ( just insrtuments) if you can find that, it turned out awesome. I had our mothers walk down the aisle and light our candles to it.
Just a thought. Hope this helps!
Posted by Sissy; updated 02/18/04

I also am getting married in March and I am walking down to Barbara Streisand (sp?) and Bryan Adams
" I finally found the one" It`s a beautiful song!
Posted by Michele; updated 02/19/04

Ho you can do what I did. Go to lime wire and type in "Wedding March". It will give you about 100 of different ones that you can choose from. Its free and easy. They all last for about 3 minutes.
Posted by marcia; updated 02/29/04

I am getting married in July and I am walking down the aisle to Mozart`s "Pachabel Canon in D".... I get goosebumps just thinking about it.
Posted by Alicia; updated 10/18/06

Can you please give some suggestions as it relates to songs to wald down the aisle to
Posted by Karen; updated 12/08/08