My Chambelan

Hey, i am having trouble trying 2 find my chambelan de onor,,,should i have my boyfriend or a cousin?? cuz most of my friends say that having my b/f 4 mi chambelan is a bad idea. Wat do yous think.
PS..How long b4 do u get the church 4 ur quinceanera??
Posted by LaChicaFresa; updated 12/26/03

Preferrably 1 year to 9mo before
Posted by babybash's; updated 12/26/03

It is a bad idea of having your bf as your chambelan de honor.......go with your cousin.
Posted by Smiley; updated 01/03/04

Umg....how long have you been with your boyfriend? sometimes its nice to have your boyfriend as your chambelan de honor, but its always a "but" in the picture. Go with the one you want to go with, its your party and its your day, if you want to take your boyfriend hey, i dont think its a bad idea! i believe its better to get the church before your salon....you should`ve done that first! enjoy your party....
Posted by g baby; updated 01/03/04

Yo creo que devesde ir con tu familiar porque para eso deverias de saber el significado de un chambelan y eso es el hermano mayor o alguien de la familia que ensena los primeros pasos de baile a la quinceanera y la entrega a la sociedad para que se reuna y baile por primera vez.... Pero tiene que ser un familiar si esto no es preboda ok.....
Posted by Manuel; updated 02/08/04

I would go with your cousin. You are presenting your self as a young, respectful woman, so you should not walk in with your boyfriend. My daughters chambelan will be her brother, they are 1 1/2 years apart and are very close. Its just more special!!
Posted by Debb; updated 02/17/04

I think you should go with your cuz only because your supposed to be presenting yourself as a woman and therefore just being aloud to have a boyfriend. Even though everybody doesn`t go by the rules anymore thats what you should do. Because my cuz took her boyfriend down the isle of the church and she was looked down upon by many people. I was in the same position it just works out better if you take your cuz.
Posted by Nikki G; updated 02/19/04

Debb and Manuel I`m sorry but ya,ll need to shut up talkin about take yo cuz nigga pleez. Girl trust me take yo guy you`ll have BETTER time!
Posted by ???????; updated 02/20/04

Well my boyfriend dumped me the Sunday b4 Valentines Day :`( And i had already asked him B4 so i think i might just stick w/ him instead of my cuz, cuz even though he aint my boifriend nymore he`s still my best guy friend, plus i dont want him 2 know im really heartbroken by tellin him he cant be it nymore and i know i`ll have a better time w/ him than with my cuz. Thax for all your advice though.
Posted by Gina; updated 02/20/04