My Sweet 16

Hey everyone! Im planning my sweet 16 for december of next year and I really need some advice. All of my friend`s had their quince`s and I was in most of their courts and now it`s my big day and I`m turning sixteen but, it`s not usually customary in my culture to have a court even though I would really like to. I was wondering does anyone thing it`s really odd if I would do this because I wouldn`t want to insult anyone by taking on part of other people`s beliefs as my own. Anyway, I have a lot of details worked out and I even have everyone chose out if I do decide to have a court but I still need a bit of help. I`m trying to have a cinderella theme since it`s one of my favorite movies. When I decided I wanted this party, I gave up alot because my parents made me decide between this or something else that I wanted so I want this day to be really special! Thanks so much for any imput and any advice would be greatly appricaiated!
Posted by Courtney; updated 11/27/03

I`m not spanish, i`m filipino and i`m having my sweet 16 in june. I`m going to have a court too (flips call it a cotillion though) and no, you`re not going to be stealing anyone`s traditions...but then again, filipinos have a lot of spanish tradicions...don`t worry about it, do whatever you want.
Posted by steph; updated 12/03/03

Thanks so much for the great advice! I have decided I`m gonna do what I wanna do even if its not my tradtion I can make a new one. I still need some help though with my cinderella theme! Any Ideas would help! PLEASE RESPOND! Thanks soooo much!
Posted by Courtney; updated 12/22/03

Onestopmemories.4t.com has invitations with cinderella themes and in the shindigz.com under themes they have beutiful backdrops for cinderella themes not very expensive check them out.
Posted by marcie; updated 12/22/03

Hey there! I`m having a cinderella like castle cake if that helps at all. I havn`t found any pictures but, I`m just imagining what it will look like! LOL Oh do you have any ideas on a special dress to wear for my quince?! I havn`t found anything extra great but, I really need some help because my quince is SOOOON and I have no idea what I want.
Posted by Margarita; updated 12/22/03