"Mixed" Vals...?

I recently attended a quinceanera. For the dance between the damas and the chamberlains it started out with "Tiempo De Vals" and in the middle of it, the song went to a hip hop song...then back to "Tiempo De Vals"...it was really neat. The group seemed to have a lot of fun. I thought it was new and original. Has anyone ever seen this before? Or had it in their own quinceanera?.........comments?
Posted by Marisa; updated 11/21/03

No but i want to do that for mine i still need to pick my songs.
Posted by sofia; updated 11/21/03

My quince is in july and i`m using a different kinds of songs like starting out with ANGEL BABY by: ROSI AND THE ORIGINALS , MR. CAPONE-E then i`m also using LA ULTIMA MUNECA, TIEMPO DE VALS and SUAVEMENTE by ELVIS CRESPO so what ever way you want to do it you should do it cuz you want to and choose to do it that way and no so other people tell you what to choose so have fun in choosign you music
Posted by ANGEL~BABY; updated 12/17/03

My quince is in April 2004 and i`m gonna start out with Tiempo de vals then change to Angel Baby by Mr. Capone-e then go back to tiempo de vals then change back to angel baby.....thats all i have for right now cuz i gotta think of 2 more songs to throw in there.....LATERZ
Posted by Talia; updated 12/17/03

What was the hip hop song? i would just have a hip hop song for the surprised dance!
Posted by g baby; updated 01/03/04