Confused - 15th Quinceanera

My daughter will be turning 15 next year, primara mente dios.
I have this situation I have paid 1/2 of the party, everything inclusive, and my daughter has been misbehaving. Her grades are very low, that it is not customary for her. She has always been an A-B student! She has never had detention, and all of a sudden she is informing me late at night on Friday that she has Saturday detention. I never received notice of the detention. I went to the school this morning and they gave me copies of 3 disciplinary slips, stating that she was being disruptive and disrespectful. I have never seen my daughter with that attitude, she is hard headed at times. I have already informed her that I will cancel her celebration even if it means that I lose the money that have paid. I am asking for advise.

!!!!!HELP!!!!!!!
Posted by ginger; updated 11/20/03

Well.. .If she really wants it then she will cut it out. But if she keeps it up cancel the whole thing. Y waste money on her if she is doing bad. My mom did the same to me she told me to get my grades up and i will have my quince and i did what she said and i got my quince. If u give her her party and she is still doing bad she will have it stuck in her head that when u threaten to take something away if she doesnt do better then she will think u do not mean it and keep it up. In other words she will have u wrapped in her finger.
Posted by Mel; updated 11/20/03

Teenagers are very smart when it comes to manipulating their parents. Your child needs to learn that there are consequences for every action; whether good or bad. I advise you to sit down and talk to her. Listen to her and find out why she is acting the way she is. Trust me it is not easy dealing with a teenage girl. A quincenera is a privilage.
Posted by Mary; updated 11/27/03

Hi Ginger,
It seems like your daughter is just going through what every teenage girl goes through at times. I think she just needs some attention and needs someone to talk to, someone she can confide in. It could be many reasons why all of a sudden her grades are dropping and the attitude gets worse. She`s probably stressed over basic teenage issues like disputes with close friends, maybe boy problems, you know, kid stuff. Maybe you should just try talking to her like a friend and try to get out what it is that`s bothering her. When she sees that you want to help her, it may change her attitude. Just let her know that you dont want to cancel her Quince but that if you dont know what is wrong, you cant help her and you`re not about to celebrate a party that really menas something if the situation doesn`t improve. I hope i helped. Good luck.
PS the key to everything is communication- that means talking AS WELL AS LISTENING.
Posted by Cathy; updated 12/01/03

WELL....I`M 14. AND ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS...WHY DON`T U TRY TALKIN TO HER. MAYBE THE ONLY REASON WHY U DIDN`T RECIEVE A NOTICE IS BECAUSE SHE DOESN`T WANT TO GET U MAD. BUT IF SHE KEEPS IT UP JUST CANCEL IT. GIVE HER AN ASS WOOPIN. TRUST IT`LL WORK.
Posted by alexandra; updated 01/27/04

My daughter was doing the same thing i had alot of problems with her acting the same way mine got skipping with her boyfriend right when i was getting all the stuff ready i was going to make it even though my aunt had bearly died and this is the way she was paying me but i had already talked to my friends and family so i went ahead right now shes doing okay but who knows after thi all over maybe she just start all over again they really dont see all we do for them
Posted by lorena; updated 02/01/04