Need To Interview Someone About Quinceneras

I am doing a class assighment and i chose my topic on quinceneras and i was wondering if you have anybody who be very kind to help me out with my interview questions. These are the following questions that need to be answered ;
1. How much money do parents spend on Quincenera?
2. How long does it take to organize a well done Quincenera?
3. How do tey find the perfect cake for the quincenera?
4. What does everything look like when they are done?
5. What`s the significance of the Quincenera?
6. How does a Quincenera feel in the process of everything?
7. How do they decide who plays a part in the ceremony?
8. How long does the ceremony last?
9. How long does everything last from the beginning until everybody is gone?
10. How doe they decide what the guests are going to eat?
11. What kind of presents does the quincenera get?
Posted by cenovia; updated 11/19/03

Hey~

Why don`t you email me and then I`ll send the answers back to you. My email is hotbec46@sbcglobal.net waiting for your questions.good luck.

Rebecca
Posted by Rebecca; updated 11/19/03

Hey u can email me to at sweetangel_number1@yahoo.com id be happy to help.
Posted by christina; updated 11/20/03

Yah i hesitating in if i should have one but im not sure and i neeed someone who knows
Posted by Jovana Alonzo; updated 01/12/04

E-mail me to at jovanaalonzo@yahoo.com.mx
Posted by Jovana Alonzo; updated 01/12/04

These are the answers from the top of my head if you need special material or dates email me.

How much money do parents spend on Quincenera?
It depends on what kind of party they do. Usually, a normal party ranges between four to six thousand dollars. But it could go up to the thousands.

2. How long does it take to organize a well done Quincenera?
That also depends on what kind of party one wants, if a person pays someone to ornagize the party then she/he may not have to worry about time. However, if parents are organizing the event it may take up to a year to year and a half in preparations.

3. How do they find the perfect cake for the quincenera?
Cakes vary in price and looks, it is choosen depending on the theme of the party or depending on the budget. Cakes tend to be expensive too. The cake has to be chosen carefully since the madrina or padrino will be paying for it.

4. What does everything look like when they are done?
I don’t understand this question. I mean, everybody wants their party to be nice and well organized but that depends on the guests.

5. What`s the significance of the Quincenera?
The significance is the girl going to adulthood. It is the passage from girl to woman.

6. How does a Quincenera feel in the process of everything?
I can’t answer that question since I am not a girl, but I have been choreographing quinceaneras for the last ten years and let me tell you that people go through a lot of stress because they want everything perfect. And who does not? Quinceaneras tend to be nervous and very picky when chosing everything, dress, decorations, shoes, you name it.

7. How do they decide who plays a part in the ceremony?
Padrinos are selected very carefully since they represent the parents in case of their absence. They are usually family members that have been in good relation with the family for a long time. They could also be good friends of the family. Once they are selected they have to be named and selected to offer something for example the cake. Usually the padrinos of the church are the same padrinos that baptized the girl. Padrinos of the shoes tend to be the least important couples in the list.

8. How long does the ceremony last?
The ceremony in the United States lasts for only one day. There is the mass celebration and the party. However, in states of Mexico like Oaxaca the celebration lasts for days because they celebrate everything.

9. How long does everything last from the beginning until everybody is gone?
Same as above. In the United States it usually starts early in the morning with a mass and ends at midnight if it is done at a hall but sometimes it goes well into the night if done at home or private residence.

10. How doe they decide what the guests are going to eat?
That depends on the family background. If they are Mexican count on eating Birria or Barbacoa, that is all they eat in parties. It is usually the main dish of their countries of origin. However, not all Mexicans eat birria, some like in Yucatan eat what they call a platillo with baporzitos, sandwichon, pate, enrolladitos, ensalada de pollo and a variety of food.

11. What kind of presents does the quincenera get?
That I can’t tell you because it varies from personal gifts to material things. One day one of the quinceaneras I taught how to dance got a cruise for a month to the Bahamas as a gift. Other got a trip to Europe and other got, a new car.
I hope it is of help to you.
Alejandro
Posted by Alejandro; updated 01/12/04