Quinceanera Dama & Chamberlanes Parent Letter??

Can you tell me if your parents send out letters to parents of the intended damas and chamberlanes? My daughter asked her friends/cousins to be in her court, but I would like to send letters to the parents letting them know their child was asked to be one and they accepted but would like their permission to allow them to participate. But I can`t find any sample letters online. Help?
Posted by Julie; updated 05/09/12

You most likely won`t find a sample letter, you could design one your self detailing your daughters event. Traditionally a letter is not made. Typically the quinceanera selects her Damas & Chambelanes, if the invite is excepted... Parents talk to parents including all that wish to be apart of the event to schedule dance classes, tux & dress fittings, church & hall practice, surprise dance clothes if quinceanera chooses, just be sure to inform parents of their child`s expenses in the event such as tuxes, dresses, clothes & shoes.

Visit our page for more info: Precious Events & Catering

Posted by Summer; updated 05/09/12

For a group dance..how long/often do they practice for the dance? 2 months in advance? Once a week for so many months?
Posted by Julie; updated 05/09/12

Depending on how many dances you would like your instructor to choreograph and teach the class, most common dances are the Grand Entrance, Waltz & Surprise Dance. I normally work with my classes 2-3 months, twice a week for 2 hours per day. I always recommend a hall practice also just prior to the event. How I work as a choreographer, I always cut & remix the Quinceanera`s music of choice to her liking & choreograph to that exact cut & remix. As a lead choreographer I always have 1-2 extra instructors by my side incase certain students need one on one attention. I find that this technique of instructing really helps the group to move on and complete different styles of dance in the expected time frame. I wish you the best for your daughters upcoming event, and as for choreographers Always research your options and ask them to show you video & footage of their work.

Posted by Summer; updated 05/10/12

Could I also ask what is the average rate for hiring a choreographer for the amount of time needed? And how does one go about "finding" one? Most of the quince`s I`ve been to, the kids have had to make them up themselves with the quince`s parent. My niece used youtube to practice hers with ones she found on there. It was okay, but lots of mess ups.
Posted by Julie; updated 05/10/12

I have actually my self been called by parents that attempted to follow YouTube to try and save money. But in all reality choreographed dances such as the waltz & surprise dance are Choreographed counted steps, counted beats & cues, every movement must be counted in order for the group to follow through their dance and be on time as a group. Mostly when using props & lifts I don`t recommend trying to copy YouTube, it can be dangerous, I`ve seen quinceaneras dropped and tripped by ribbon So many mistakes with ribbon. I have actually seen some of my work copied on YouTube and it didn`t work out, I also seen all their mistakes. How choreographers charge it varies, that`s why I suggest always ask to see their work before you hire one, a quinceanera is a one time event and should have fresh clean choreographed steps not something that has been repeated and seen time and time again. The lowest fee charge I`ve seen by another choreographer was $300 x 4 weeks equals 8 classes than I seen another guy charge $500 8 weeks equals 16 classes. That`s the lowest I`ve seen. I`ve also seen ones that charge $100 per week equals 2 classes per week. Just google where you live for quinceanera Choreopghers or even do it on partypop if they have a vendor it should pop up. Another key point a choreographer should have knowledge of all styles of dance.

Posted by Summer; updated 05/10/12