Safety And Inflatable Rentals

With all the safety scares involving inflatable party rentals, I would like to share some tips for keeping your party safe and still having a fun and memorable time with an inflatable rental. What do I know about safety? Well I own an inflatable rental and rock wall rental company in Ohio, and we always strive to be safe. Here`s a list of things to consider when renting inflatables:

1) Find out if the company is insured and licensed. This doesn`t mean they are safe, but it does mean they are more likely to be safe.
2) Choose companies that offer staffing. Most accidents occur due to improper supervision. Companies that offer staffing can provide excellent supervision and at the least understand how to train you to supervise the inflatable properly.
3) Make sure the company is anchoring the inflatable properly. Most manufacturers require 100 lbs minimum per tether. Remember, this isn`t just because of the wind, temperature differences can cause buoyancy making the inflatable want to rise. Many times tethering is part of the structure of the inflatable as well - especially for tall items.
4) Consider the age and condition of the rental units. Worn units can quickly tear, and when they do, they will eventually collapse. Worn units can also cause injuries if an appendage gets caught or a hard item previously covered with foam is exposed.

Remember that while inflatables can be extremely fun, you have to be smart when renting and using them. They can also be very dangerous if not properly used and supervised. I hope this quick safety information will help you plan your next party!

Tim Beck
Solid Rock Sports - Inflatable Rentals and Rock Walls
Www.solidrocksports.net
330-594-5171
Serving Ohio

Visit our page for more info: Solid Rock Sports

Posted by Tim Beck; updated 01/08/12