Father/Daughter Songs?

I`m looking for the perfect father/daughter song...but there`s a catch. I`ll be dancing to this song with my step-dad. He`s my only father so I feel bad for calling him my step-dad. Finding the perfect song has been a little tough because he`s been in my life since I was 9 years old and a lot of the songs have things in it about being a baby with your father. Any suggestions would be extremely helpful. Thanks.
Posted by Myndi; updated 11/09/03

I would check out some songs on Christina Aaguilerra`s albums.
Posted by luciand; updated 11/30/03

Have you listened to the song Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle. It starts off with singing about when the girl was a young girl, but it doesn`t sing about babies. It then goes on to sing about the girl`s sweet sixteen and then her wedding day. The father is singing about how lucky he is too have her in his life and how he can`t believe how fast she has grown up. It`s a really nice song. If you are any bit as emotional as me, you will probably cry when you listen to it.
Posted by Laura; updated 11/30/03

What about "Unforgettable"? It is a father/ daughter duet with Nat King and Natalie Cole.
Posted by Tonia; updated 11/30/03

My niece danced w/ her natural father to the song "To Sir, With Love" from the Sidney Poitier film by the same name. In the film, a singer named Lulu plays a high-school student who sings this to her teacher. It might be very fitting for your situation, & your dad will likely know the song.

If you rent the film to hear it, the song is sung at its end, at the "prom".

Regards, Bon
Posted by Bonnie; updated 12/01/03

I don`t know how involved your father has been in your life but Celine Dion`s, Because You Loved Me is a great father/daughter/mother song
Posted by Magaly; updated 12/03/03

I am going to be dancing with my grandfather instead of my dad ( long story) and we are dancing to Unforgettable. It`s such a pretty song.
Posted by Carri; updated 12/03/03

I love Natalie Merchant`s song Kind and Generous. It`s a great song for any ocassion really!

Visit our page for more info: Pacific Coast Host

Posted by stephanie; updated 12/03/03

I know exactly how you feel. I personally am going with the song Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle. It is a beautiful song!
Posted by Angie; updated 12/03/03

The song by Brad Paisley, He Didn`t Have To Be, is an amazing stepfather/stepchild song. It`s a male singing about himself, but I`m almost positive it`ll get the point across. (My H2B gave it to his stepdad for chrismas. Many tears ensued!)
Posted by Amanda; updated 01/07/04

He didn`t have to be is a beautiful song, but listen to the lyrics. It is about a man singing about how he wants to be the type of father his stepfather was. There is nothing in there about daughters at all. Yes i agree there are a lot of beautiful songs, but one must look at whether or not there are appropriate for a wedding.
Posted by Sarah; updated 01/07/04

For my wedding I used "There you`ll be" by Faith Hill. It`s on the Pearl Harbor soundtrack. There`s a line that says " I`ll keep a part of you with me and everywhere I am there you`ll be." It`s a wonderful song.
Posted by Melissa; updated 01/08/04

The faith hill song is very pretty, but isn`t it about losing a loved one??? I don`t know if that would be a good song.
If there hadn`t been you --billy dean
Wind beneath my wings--bette

I am a dj and these are great songs.

Son/daughter song is A song for mama by Boys to men
Posted by Shelley Ann; updated 01/08/04

Thats son/mother song---song for mama

I was on the phone talking when i typed that sorry
Posted by Shelley Ann; updated 01/08/04

Hey check out the Song Heaven by Warrent, it`s mine and my dads song and I cry everytime I hear it, i dunno, it might be the one u love... Good luck and congrats with finding ur true love
Posted by Ashley; updated 01/10/04