Quinceanera Waltz

Ok people. I need help. I live in camden, nj 2 begin wit. My b-day is on june 26,2004. I have no idea wat 2 do 4 da waltz!!!!!!! i dont even know if i should do guys or guys & girls. Which is easier? wat kind of music should i do? i dont know!!!!!!!!! somebody help!!!!!! pleeeeeease! nobody is helping me here at home. I will be grateful 4 some tips!
Posted by nancy; updated 11/02/03

Hey Gurl, wat u need to do is have the damas and the chambelanes and u dance wit ur BF or whoeva n the song has to be a slow song. And you have to choreograph the moves so everyone knows. Ok gurl hope my advice helped ya.
Posted by Kelly; updated 01/17/04

I think alot of us are having trouble finding teachers for the waltz and also good ones. We want to do it in english and spanish. If anyone could help us please e.mail me.
Posted by Tina; updated 01/31/04

If you need a bilingual waltz teacher check out LA Choreographers.

Visit our page for more info: L.A. Choreographers

Posted by richie; updated 02/01/04

I live in Anaheim, California
Posted by Tina; updated 02/05/04

Tina, I live in Long Beach...what`s your e-mail address?
Posted by Citlali; updated 02/09/04

Hey girl, I live in Seattle so I can`t physically help with it, I`ve taught dances before and it`s not very difficult. I`m actually teaching my twin daughters quinceanera waltz for the summer of 2005. My best advice is to start with a song, "tiempo de Vals" by Cheyenne is a very beautiful song, especially made for quinceanera’s. (You could find it at any music store under Latin music) Typically your suppose to use all 14 boys and 14 girls but it`s really up to you. Then, if you know anyone who`s already had a quinceanera and have a video taped the waltz, ask to borrow it (as many as you can get your hands on). Then get together with a couple of girlfriends and come up with your own waltz, take some steps from some of the video tapes you borrowed and make it your own. Remember 2 or 3 heads are better than one. Good Luck!!
Posted by ruby; updated 03/01/04

Hi im the one in Anaheim, My e.mail addy is Maciel2u@sbcglobal.net
Posted by Tina; updated 03/05/04

Hey thats the day of my quinceanera is that the day of yours?? i think it should be the guys and the girls together as couples, then you and your partner
Posted by Kim; updated 03/12/04

Hey thats the day of my quinceanera is that the day of yours?? i think it should be the guys and the girls together as couples, then you and your partner email me if you want its prettychula27@aol.com
Posted by Kim; updated 03/12/04

Hey i am not fifteen yet but i do have some tips. First start with a classic dance of waltz with your father since it is a custom to dance your first dance with your dad. Then when your done you can put what ever you want and then put some music that your family likes so they can dance too. Oh and my birthday is June27,2004.
Posted by Isi; updated 03/12/04

Hey i am not fifteen yet but i do have some tips. First start with a classic dance of waltz with your father since it is a custom to dance your first dance with your dad. Then when your done you can put what ever you want and then put some music that your family likes so they can dance too. Oh and my birthday is June27,2004.
Posted by Isi; updated 03/12/04

RUBY I LIVE BY SEATTLE IN AUBURN E-MAIL ME I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ITS SO HARD TO PLAN A QUINCE HERE BECAUSE NOT ALOT OF PEOPLE KNOW WHAT IT IS YA KNOW.
Posted by jen; updated 03/15/04

Omg im stressing out so much my 15 isnt until june 10 06 but me nd my chamberlan are making all the dances ourselves kuz i kant really afford a choreographer...im havind 14 gurls n 14 guyz thts 28...2many ppl! well if anyone has any video tapes of any dances tht i can get ideas 4rm or any ideas watsoever plz plz plz e-mail me @ ari_xoxo91@yahoo.com i would really appreaciate it. Also if yall have n e song ideas tht would b great 2. I need a girls dance, a walk in song, a cumbia, and a waltz. Plz help me im sure sum1 must have some ideas. Well thnx n i really hope sum1 kan help me bye!
Posted by ari; updated 02/07/06

Happy b-day ahead of time. If ur doing a waltz with ur dad, you should pick Marc Anthony`s "MY BABY YOU" it`s a father-daughter song and it`s beautiful or "WIND BENEATH MY WINGS". If ur having just boys, make sure u make up a waltz where everyone is involved, like have each boy swirl u once and go on to the next and so. If u have gurls and boyz have them do the waltz in a circle and u in the middle with ur partner or daddy, u have to be the center of attention...Enjoy ur moment gurl, it comes once in alife time. I hope I helped u in some way..Good LUck!!!! :)
Posted by teresa; updated 06/15/06

I think you should have both guys and gurls it will make the guys look like they`re doing sumthin other than standin & dancing alone. Your main chambelan shudnt b ur boyfriend bcuz wat happens wen u break up & hez in all ur pictures & videos. The song shud b slow & thtz pretty much wat i can tell u hope it helps
Posted by lucy; updated 03/21/09