WANNA GHETTO STYLE QUINCEANERA

I NEED HELP WITH MY QUICEANERA IT`S GONNA BE THIS SUMMER IN JULY 2004 AND I WANT IT TO HAVE A GHETTO FEEL TO IT I HAVE SOME IDEAS ON WHAT I WANT BUT I STILL NEED MORE HELP WITH EVERYTHING LIKE MY DRESS AND THE DAMAS, THE INVITATIONS AND EVERYTHING SO IF YOU COULD HELP ME I`D REALLY APRECIATE IT
THANXS
Posted by ANGEL~BABY; updated 11/01/03

Hey ..like what do you want to do? how ghetto do you want it to be?
Posted by Giovana; updated 11/02/03

WHAT I WANT IS FOR IT TO BE ABEL TO HAVE A OLDIES KIND OF GHETTO/GANGSTER STYLE TO IT AND WHEN PEOPLE WALK IN THE BALL ROOM THEY SAY THIS IS TIGHT S***T!
WELL THANX AND I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP
Posted by ANGEL~BABY; updated 11/05/03

Ohh i know what you mean...but are you going to have pairs??...
Posted by Giovana; updated 11/05/03

IF YOUR GOING TO HAVE PAIRS , WHY DON`T YOU MAKE YOUR BOYS DRESS LIKE CHOLOS, AND MAKE YOUR GIRLS WEAR TIGHT BLUE JEANS AND SOME WHAT TIGHT RED SPAGETTI STRAPPED SHIRTS, AND IF THEY ARE SKINNY LET THEM WEAR SHIRTS THAT SHOW THEIR STOMACH. I`M NOT HAVING MINE UNTIL NOV. 13 2004 i LIVE ON THE eASTERN sHORE OF vIRGINIA, WHERE DO YOU LEVE. PLEASE E=MAIL ME IF YOU WANT MORE HELP.
Posted by Avigail Cruz; updated 11/05/03

I like your idea...but i think the girls should maybe wear white pants or black or khaki.i dont know the blue jeans doesnt sound good--that`s my opinion.
Posted by Giovana; updated 11/06/03

OK I THINK THAT MAYBE BLUE JEANS WOULDNT BE THE RIGHT IDEA FOR ME BUT THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR IDEAS I REALLY APPRECIATE IT AND IF YA`LL WANNA E-MAIL ME MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IS Adriana_12_2005@hotmail.com I LIVE IN MARSHALL, MINNESOTA BUT MY QUINCE IS GONNA BE IN SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS WELL THANXS 4 ALL UR HELP
Posted by ANGEL~BABY; updated 11/13/03

FIRST OF ALL WHY DO YOU WANT TO HAVE A GHETTO 15?????BE FORMAL FOR AT LEAST ONE SPECIAL DAY THAT YOU WILL NEVER FORGET. DRESS APPROPRIETLY YOUR PARENTS WOULD BE HAPPY.ANYWAYS THEY ARE THE ONES WHOM ARE PAYING FOR IT,RIGHT??
Posted by PRECIOUS; updated 11/22/03

Ok, i think that if u wanna have ur quinceanera be ghetto, then make it ghetto. Its ur quinceanera, it doesnt matter whos paying for it, its supposed to make U happy, its UR special event. Mine is gonna be in july 2004 too, my guys are gonna wear pachuco suits and the girls i havent decided yet. Dont listen to this chick preciosa, she sounds like a real hater.besides formal has been done to death
Posted by shorty; updated 11/24/03

WELL YOU SHOULD AT LEAST FOR ONCE HAVE SOMETHING NICE. AND LET ME TEL U THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A GHETTO QUINCE. THERE PACHUCO FORMAL OR TRADICINAL OR OTHER THING AND IVE BEEN TO QUINCES WERE THE GIRL IS A CHOLA AND SO ARE THE GUY AND THEY WOULD NEVER EVER HAVE THAT S*** I MEAN NOT EVEN THEM! IM NOT TRIYNG TO SOUND LIKE AS HATER BUT ITS TRUE AND JEANS CUT IT DONT BE STUPID THATSTHE DUMBEST THING I HEAR U DONT GO AS A GUEST WITH JEANS SO WHY SHOULD UR COART!
Posted by claud; updated 11/25/03

LOOK YOU REALLY DON`T MEAN GHETTO YOU MEAN DOWN TO EARTH WHERE EVERYONE CAN RELAX GET TORE UP AND GET THER VOLO ON BUT
GIVE YOURSELF MORE PROPS THEN THAT YOU`VE MADE IT THIS FAR SO HANDLE IT ALLYOU NEED
IS O.G. STYLE SHIT GET AT YOUR TIO`S&TIA`S AND
ASK WHAT WAS UP IN THERE DAYS GET ORIGINAL
ZOOT SUITE ,BOMBS,A COUPLE OF GOOD OLDIES SO YOU CAN DANCE W ITH YOUR PARTNER &YOUR
YOUR POPS THEN MOMS & POPS YOU"ll BE FINE
TRUST THAT I"VE BEEN THERE B-4 NOT TOO LONG AGO AND NOW I TRIP I"M GOING THROUGH IT WITH MINE.
ROSALYN
Posted by ROSALYN SGV; updated 12/05/03

Look if you want a ghetto quinceanera make the guys wear a pimp suit Example they could wear a thurag then a hat and make them bring a cane for the girls you could make them wear short dresses with a hat or make the do cornrolls or something thats real ghetto you see thats ghetto and they`ll still look casual girl don`t listen to her it your birthday so do what ever you want it only comes once in your life
Posted by w; updated 12/05/03

Iight look i aint no expert at quinceaneras but mine r gon b next year and i know i wouldn`t want gurls wit pants in ma sweet 15. Ma sis had her sweet 15 last year and they were off the hook. Ya shouldn`t try to hard cuz if ya ghetto then they`ll b ghetto but if ya aint then thats iight 2. And if they ghetto it dont mean it gotz to look bad. Like ma gurl W said use em pimp suits wit canes and da gurls pic out a cute dress and have em do half way cornroles wit their hair blowdried that`ll look cute and make em do el balz and sh** like every oda quinceanera and fo their last dance have em do a hot song that u like or sometin. Itz ur day and ya should do em how eva ya want em but u should still have a lil bit of the tradition goin
Posted by ~M~; updated 12/06/03

I think it a cool idea, but let me ask u this:
This is a specail day you are going to remember the rest of your life, but when your 85 yrs old, are you still gonna be happy that you had a "ghetto" quinceanera?and i dont think ghetto is something you can plan, like a theme for a quinceanera. If you`ve even ever been in the ghetto, you would know that it sucks
Posted by christina; updated 12/11/03

Who in the f*** would want a ghetto quince bein ghetto aint nuthin to be proud of im gonna have my boys in zoot suites but the gurls still goin to look pretty you want it to be descent sumthin youll remeber for the rest of your life you wanna look your best
Posted by babygurl; updated 12/11/03

Maybe you could have the guys wesr the cholo tuxedos, and yes there are some, they come with the hats. And for the girls, why don`t they wear like a club dress, i know there is one at charlotte russe for $30.
I`ve seen this dress in my cousin`s quince.
Posted by layra; updated 12/13/03

THANX FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORTIVE AND NOT SO SUPORTIVE IDEAS I REALLY DO APPRECIATE ALL OF THEM ITS LIKE MY TIA ALWAYS SAYS :

YOU SHOULDT GET ANGRY WHEN PEOPLE CRITISIZE YOU, YOU SHOULD ONLY BE THANKFULL FOR THEIR HARSH REMARKS WILL ONLY MAKE YOU A BETTER PERSON.

SO THANXS YALL AND KEEP GIVING ME IDEAS AND WEBSITES TO GO LOOK UP THINGS AT .

ANGEL~BABY
Posted by ANGEL~BABY; updated 12/14/03

Hey gurl i need hella help
My 15ñera is in agust , i need help 4 every thing!
Like i need help 2 find da decorations ,foto/viedo, my dress, and invitions!!! Also my songs 4 my valz and mi baile de sopersa!!!! thank and plz help ,me holla if u could help me!!!! thanx
Posted by ~Nenita~; updated 12/16/03

Well you still got time to plan your 15 if i had the chance to do mines again it be so diff... Fo-real but lets see do you alreay have the color picked out??thats the first & are you gonna have couples well think about it then e-mail me so i can give you ideas!!calicladia075@cs.com!!!hope to hear from you!!>>
Posted by cladia; updated 12/17/03

WELL WAT U CAN DO IS GO ON WEBSITES ON THA COM___ AND SEE IF U LIKE ANY OF THA SUIT WELL 4 MYS IM HAVING PACHUCOS AND THA GURZ WEAR DAMAS DRESSES IT LOOKS CUTE CUZ MY HOMEGURL HAD THAT ......... BUT ITS UR QUINCE SO DO UR BEST AND ILL COME OUT GOOD....
LAPRETTYGURL928@AOL.COM BYE
PAYAZA AKA CADI
Posted by CADI; updated 12/21/03

Hey i was going to have a quince but i gotin some trouble so i can`t and i`m goin to have a sweet 16 iinstead but i was going to get my suits from ascot tuxedos the suits are called zoot suits i donno if you`ve heard of them but there kinda expensive @ ascot search on the web for zoot suits they look "crunk" i was gonna put blue rags in there pocket to get the real gangsta feel you know? for the girls i was gonna do a formal dress real pretty you can be formal and ghetto @ the same time for your invations maybe old english but the kind that most people can read all i`m tryin to say is maybe a gangsta theme would be a good ghetto thing to do i hope i helped you bye
Posted by Angela; updated 12/23/03