Is It Bad Not To Have The Church Part?

My Quince will be next year during september. But, I was just thinking to only having the party not the church part. I would still have my damas and get dressed up but just not do the church part. Is that all right just to have the party? I also need to know if anybody can help me fiqure out how to plan it all!!!
Posted by Sylvia; updated 10/26/03

Having the church part of a quinceanera is pretty much your choice because there is no rule saying that you can`t have the party if you don`t have the church. BUT the whole point of the quinceanera is to give thanks to God for letting you reach this point in your life. So it also depends on how religious you are. Most people do have the church though. But it`s all up to you and your parents
Posted by Maria; updated 10/26/03

If you don`t have a mass then there is no point of dressing up. The whole idea of a quinceanera celebration is to give thanks to God for everything in your life. And also, it is the way your family introduces you to society. There is no need of a big expensive dress if you don`t have a mass. You can have a party but don`t ask people to spend money on tuxedos and dresses, it is not worth it.
But then again, it is your choice.
Alejandro
Posted by Alejandro; updated 10/27/03

I think the church part is really special i mean i`ve met people who actually regret not having the ceremony. Alot of them are like that but when they finally decide to have it their happy because they`ve gotten gods blessing u know!!!but its really up to you im having my quince next year on july 10th and im having the ceremony because it really matters to me and i want to get gods blessing in life like the others said its really special but its really up to you!!!
Posted by Alexia; updated 10/27/03