LQQKING FOR STUDENT PHOTOGRAPHERS ......

Hello I am getting married March 20, 2004 and we are on a tight budget and looking for someone who is a student in photography looking for experience in photographing a wedding or someone thats lookin to get into the business. If anyone knows of anyone let me know! I am in Missouri the Kansas City area!
Posted by Michele; updated 10/22/03

I live in KCMO also! I am getting married in FL next month and still in search of a cheap photographer so, I know your problems. Have you tried the colleges around like UMKC to see if they have students in their programs that might be skilled enough?
Also, there is a small town called Trenton,MO that I know the photographer is going out of business to work for a newspaper FT, but he might be worth a call, I think his prices would be far less then the prices of a photographer up here.... My email is lhochwender@kc.rr.com let me know if you want that phone number for the photographer
Posted by sara; updated 10/22/03

I know that Johnson County Community College used to have a photo class, a friend of mine found her photographer there! They have a big bulletin board you could post a sign on or call the main office and ask for the teachers name and get a hold of him by leaving a message! Good Luck!
Posted by Deanna; updated 10/22/03

Hi Deanna,
Great idea! Thanks for the advice! Do you know how the quality was?
Posted by Michele; updated 10/22/03

Hi Nicolette,
Leave me your email address and I will email you.Thanks!
Posted by Michele; updated 11/06/03

MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IS NOELTHURSDAY@AOL.COM
Posted by NICOLETTE; updated 11/06/03

Any photography Students in Indiana?
Posted by Tami; updated 11/09/03

Hi, sorry it took so long, I did see her pictures and they were really really good. She even said she felt like her person was trying extra hard because he was a student. Good luck!
Posted by Dee; updated 11/20/03

Hi to ya`ll...do yourselves a favor...have the student take some portraits of you in your gown in advance...and maybe, too, some engagement portraits...it will be good practice and you will get to know the person, and vice versa.
Photographers are way too expensive these days, I agree, but be smart cuz at the end of the day all you have left are the photos.
Have great weddings!!!!!
Patti
Posted by Patti Duke; updated 11/20/03

Cat where are you from?
Posted by ABRIDETOBE; updated 11/22/03

Is there any students in the Buffalo NY area, renewing vows Oct, 15, 2004, never was able to get photos of my wedding the first time.
Posted by Brenda; updated 11/24/03

Michele,

My company provides onsite snapshot services -- including printing of photo`s onsite -- I`m located in overland park -- you can take a look at some of the snapshots that we`ve taken at

Www.thesnapshotcompany.com -- at the top of the home page there is a "view event snapshots" click, it will take you to an event page -- the first 5 event have posted albums -- these are hosted by ofoto (different options, have different online albums) -- anyway, if you don`t have an ofoto id, it`s free. Join and go look at some of them.

I have great references -- my pictures are more of a candid nature -- but again, very inexpensive..

Also, check out the weddingsnaps -- we do great favors

Visit our page for more info: The Snapshot Company

Posted by Melissa; updated 11/25/03