Quinceanera

Hi, my name is Angela and i`m having a hard time trying to plan my quinceanera. My theme is precious moments. My colors are Babyblue and white. I want the guyz to wear zootsuits. I can`t find white zuit suits for rent in my location ( Victoria, Tx ). I can`t find any precious moment stuff. My quinceanera is Sat. Jan. 3, 2004. If any body has any suggestions plz say so. I really need some help. Thanx!!!
Posted by Angela; updated 10/15/03

Zoot Suits?! C`mon, are we in the friggin` prohibition period por el favor de dios!? (Think Dick Tracy) I think if you all should consider zoot suits for Halloween, not a quinceañera! Are you going to have pinstripes too? Oh wait, when the caballeros are proceeding down the aisle at the church, don`t forget to put a cig in their mouths and a gun in one hand! Do you think el sacerdote will approve of that? What are dresses going to look like, are they going to be lookin` 80s like Precious Moments? Little Bo` Peep (mexi style) next to a thugged out Dick Tracy, an event worth paying to see! Ghetto Fab!
Posted by Ana; updated 10/15/03

First of all Ana, zoot suits are the bomb OK! And second of all, if you don`t have anything nice to say, don`t say anything at all. You didn`t have to say all of that shyt- you could`ve just sayed that you didn`t like the way the suits looked or something!

Don`t listen to haters Angela! Im having zoot suits too and I know they`re gonna look tight!
Posted by Maribel; updated 10/15/03

Zoot suits are such a negative image, especially on our people. True, they were "charp" suits at one time, but what sort of message does that portray? We`re are talking about a quinceañera here, HELLO!? Are you missing the whole significance of this beautiful ceremony? It sure sounds like it to me. You chicas seriously need to sit down and learn about the real value and true meaning of a quinceañera.
Posted by Estela; updated 10/16/03

Come on people!! They are suits! for crying out loud. The suits aren`t going to make a difference. The kind of suits the quinceanera gets is up to her and no one else. Them suits are soo tight- they dont have to represent us in a negative way- why ?because they`re suits-CLOTHES!
Posted by Maribel; updated 10/16/03

Angela i suggest that you have the zoot suits its your 15th and if you want them wearing that then go ahead dont listen to ana my cousin just had hers like what last weekend and my little brother and my older brother standed in it and thats the type of suits they gotand it came out looking nice and i was standing with my brother and we looked terrific b/c zoot suits kind of represent what we are well to me they do b/c im chicana i dont know about you but thats what im having in my 15anera yes and with pinstripes ANA!
GIRL i wish you the best and i hope you wish me the best too for mine!
If you have any questions email me @ roxy214@sbcglobal.net
Im here for you and i live some hours away from you b/c im from Houston Tx
Posted by Roxanne C; updated 10/20/03

I agree and disagree. Girls whatever makes you happy in your special day, just do it. But remember that those suits do look a little tacky for a quinceneara and it looks like "cholita style" kind of way. So if you want to have a peaceful QUincenera, you should think of another suit for the guys. Don`t get offended, it`s just my opinion. My sister wanted that and we convinced her otherwise. Think about it. Images can say a lot and may lead to problems. Thanks..

CASS
Posted by Cass; updated 10/20/03

I got my invitations with precious moments at this place www.onestopmemories.4t.com my color was baby blue
Posted by marcie; updated 10/22/03

Well im looking for white zoot suits also.i`ve been looking and if anybody knows where i can find them in houston please reply.
Posted by la morena; updated 11/19/03

I know another girl that will have the same kind of suits for her quinceanera but think about it is it really about what the guys wear? who cares the focus should be on you! I feel that many of the young girls today have lost the true meaning about the quinceanera. I once saw a quinceanera where the guys just wore black pants and a white shirt and it was beautiful because everyone was focused on the quinceanera. So don`t worry if you can`t find the suits that you want. The party is about you getting ready for your next step in life.
Posted by concerned mom; updated 07/14/04

I never even thought about zoot suits...
Mine is coming up in December, and I`m having it in Mexico with a cousin of mine...AlL i know that the chamberlanes are wearing are black pants, burgundy shirt, and a black goro...

ANDREA
Posted by Andrea; updated 08/01/04

Zoot Suits? C`mon, lets send this message... "we are poor hispanic gangsters"!! Gimme a break! I am Hispanic, and personally am extremely embarrased that they even existed. The Hispanic people have had to overcome several obstacles to denounce the typical stero-type that people associate with us. We are doctors, lawyers, heads of state, those before your generation would have never dreamed of getting out of the barrio, and look what we have accomplished. Stand up and say, I AM HISPANIC, I AM PROUD, and I AM A CLASS ABOVE!! If in fact you want to keep the tradition, learn what it`s about, and then dress traditionally.
Posted by Violet; updated 10/06/04

There is this family owned business in Houston named `Colemans Mens Wear`. Our family and friends have used these guys for about 25 years. Man I`m old. Anyways, they are quick, have a huge selection of colors, and will work with about any budget. It will be well worth your time to give them a call. 713-692-8625. They usually won`t answer,(very busy making suits), but leave a message they will call you back. Good luck!
Posted by Ed Banos; updated 10/12/04

Well i`m having a quincenera wit Z00T SUITS!!!They bring back the 50`s and they represent are culture mexicans,latinos,chicanos,hispanic...cause i`m latina...and zoot suits are bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by ashley; updated 12/20/08