WEDDING REGISTRY IN INVITATION

My sister told me that she read on the internet that it is rude to put a card with where you are registered for the wedding inside of the wedding invitation is this true? I have never heard that before. How will people know where you are registered at? She said that I should put it in the bridal shower invitation but still how will the people know that are not invited to the shower for example men that I work with or male family members that arent married?
Posted by HEATHER; updated 05/20/10

This site and message board is used to help people answer questions not to be mean. By rudely commenting on someone’s grammar does not help the overall question. All it does is make people not want to help and take the time to post a message. It seems as thought the people who are the most offended by including registry info in the invites are the same people who forget how to be polite. It`s laughable to see someone think including the info is horrible etiquette and in the same breath make fun of people`s intelligence (Lynn). These people are angry and I wouldn`t take their advice. By attacking people in this way you`re actually the one who comes off looking uneducated. To answer the question, including the info is less "rude" then expecting all your guests to find out the info on their own.
Posted by sam; updated 05/20/10

Wow, I came on here looking for valuable information but some of you on here are VERY brutal. Grow up and lose the ignorant attitude.
Posted by Linds; updated 06/19/10

25 years ago, bridal registries themselves were considered `tacky.` It was as if you were telling your guests what to buy for you. But times change, and what was once considered in bad taste is now a polite thing for the bride to do. After all, the guests now know what the couple NEEDS. So today, it`s okay for brides to register, but it is `in poor taste` for her to send that information to her guests. Because it `taints` the wedding invitation. I predict that this too will change, in time. In another 25 years (hopefully sooner) no one but the old fogies will blink an eye at registry information in an invitation. It`s already standard practice in Europe.

Personally, I think it`s kind of crazy to make your guests jump through hoops to find registry info because you dont want to appear to be fishing for a gift. I mean... You registered!! Which means you expect people to buy you gifts. I dont see it as any more presumptious to let people know where you registered as registering in the first place. But that`s just me I guess...
Posted by LeeAnne; updated 07/24/10

I know this is an old post, but I felt I should respond for others. While I can see that some find it rude to put registry cards in the invites, there are some instances where it can be acceptable. For example, I have recently had to send invites to India, where internet access may or may not be available and the family was not going to make it to the shower. Word of mouth (i.e. The phone) was more expensive than sending it all at once in the invite. I think it`s a personal thing and really, if someone gets all huffy about it, they are really missing the point of the day.
Posted by Vickster; updated 08/24/10