Mother Daughter Song

I also would like to know what song to dance with my mother i want to dance with her but dont have a clue my wedding is on feb.28,2004 can someone help me ????
Posted by sonya; updated 10/06/03

Through the Years might be a nice song. I also attended a wedding where half way through the mother daughter song the dj invited all mothers and daughters to join on the dance floor and all mothers and daughters danced in a circle around the mother of the bride and bride. Just a suggestion.
Posted by Carrie; updated 10/06/03

Really that sounds neat who is the song by
Posted by sonya; updated 10/06/03

My 19 year old son will be giving me away and I plan on dancing to Rod Stewarts "Forever Young" with him.

Best wishes!
Posted by kat; updated 10/13/03

Thats a good one
Posted by sonya; updated 10/13/03

Through the Years is by Kenny Rogers. We are playing it for our parents.
Posted by Tina; updated 10/15/03

My sister got married last June and the song she danced with my mom was Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler. It was the perfect song. All of us were in tears. I hope this could help you out.
Posted by Kiersten; updated 10/20/03

Hi, at my sisters wedding her and my mom shared a "mother daughter" dance. It was beautiful and they danced to " GOODBYE`S THE SADDEST WORD" by CELINE DION... Goodluck
Posted by Ashley; updated 11/17/03

Thank you all i think i`m going with through the years by kenny rodgers thanks so much for your help
Posted by sonya; updated 11/17/03

Could someone give me some suggestions on some mother-daughter songs for the wedding ceremony when lighting the unity candles and also for the mother of the groom. I want something special but appropriate at the same time. Thanks
Posted by Doris; updated 11/24/03

Goodbye`s the saddest word - Celine Dion.... Its a beautiful song, my mother and sister danced to it at my sisters wedding.
Posted by Ashley; updated 11/24/03

Wind Beneath my Wings I thought was the perfect song, I did it at my wedding
Posted by Brenda; updated 11/24/03

Im having the same problem so if you find anything out please let me know. I need a mothers song b/c I dont want a father daughter dance.
Posted by Tabatha; updated 12/16/03

Im going with through the years from kenny rodgers its a good one
Posted by sonya; updated 12/16/03

Just make sure that whatever you choose, you take the time to print out and read the lyrics. I personally don`t feel that Through the Years is appropriate. But the is my opinion based on the words of the song. It vows to stay with the person being sung to, and you are not doing this. You are leaving and starting a new life. I take the words literally and this is what it means to me. "You Can`t Lose Me" by Faith Hill is OK, but there aren’t really any good ones for a daughter to speak to her mother. "The Wind Beneath My Wings," is only appropriate if your mother lost her own identity to raise you. Like I`ve said, these are just my opinions, by I dissect a song fairly harshly before letting it represent my feelings. I`ve seen some whoppers out there that are just silly because people didn’t listen to the words. I once attended a wedding where they played “I loving you is wrong.” They chose this because her family was against the marriage. Well, the song is about a guy cheating on his wife. That is not appropriate. Oh well…. I carry on.
Posted by Dawn; updated 12/16/03

I too tend to dissect songs a lot and I agree that Through the years is not really an appropriate wedding song. However, The Wind beneath my wings i feel is. It is about recognizing the sacrifices and beauty in someone who has given everything for the one they love to become strong. Most mothers (note I said most) fit into this category somewhere. A Mother`s life is filled with sacrifices and standing in the background being the strong one for their child to raise up and fly. I think it is a perfect song for a daughter to devote to her mother, and I have been considering using it myself. I agree with really looking at the words of the song before selecting it as a know a lot have been suggested on this board (not necessarily this posting) that don`t really suggest love. I just think that yes, not every song will fit everyone`s life, but it may fit others. I would only suggest that people really read the words and stay away from songs that include cheating, lying, divorcing, killing, leaving, or any other marriage wrecking activities. Anywho, good luck and peace
Marry (pardon the pun) christmas
Sarah
Posted by Sarah; updated 12/16/03

There is a new song out called `In My Daughters Eyes` which is song by - Martina McBride- is a beautiful song... Try it out
Posted by Ashley; updated 12/16/03

Do you think the new Martina McBride song "In My Daughter`s Eyes" is appropriate? It is a beautiful song about a mother being proud of her daughter and knowing she will grow and have a family..etc and ultimately when the mother is gone she will live in her daughters eyes. Is this more a song from Mother to Daughter rather than one sung to the mother? Any thoughts?? My father is gone so I need a good mother daughter dance...
Posted by Heather; updated 12/17/03

In My Daughter`s Eyes is more appropriate from a mother to her daughter, plus it talks at the end about the mother dying, so unless the wedding is a dying mother`s wedding song dedicated to her grown and married daughter, then it wouldn`t be appropriate. Don`t get me wrong though, it is a beautiful song, I love it, just not appropriate for a wedding.
Posted by Sarah; updated 12/17/03

I`m new to this whole wedding thing but it just sounds a little strange to have two women dance together. I too have just a mom so if someone could explain in detail what this dance is all about, I would really appreciate it. It sounds very like it would be very special. I`m just concerned about how it would look. Please advise. Thanks!
Posted by Ally; updated 12/22/03

Many years ago Helen Reddy sang `You and Me Against the World` which was/is a mother/daughter song that sounds like it may work for you. Regarding wedding songs being dedications, I think it`s more the idea of a parent/child sentiment and not specifically a dedication from either one to the other (it significantly minimizes the pool of songs to choose from if a specific perspective is being sought, i.e. `daughter to mother` vs. `mother to daughter`). Good luck!
Posted by Eileen; updated 01/01/04