Who Pays For Quinceanera?

Can someone please tell me who`s responsible for paying for the quinceanera? The parents are assuming I`m responsible for contributing since I`m the Godmother. I`m not very close with the family. We really don`t see much of each other these days. They just called me up and assumed I was going to be responsible. I don`t mind helping out but they`re assuming I`m going to pay for most of it. Is there a particular thing that the godparents pay for (traditionally)?
Thanks.
Posted by Amber; updated 10/11/09

They shouldn`t demand you to pay for everything. What type of madrina are you? Are you from baptism or just for the Quinceanera? I was madrina for my niece`s quince and I just paid for the dress and church, well me and the padrino split the cost. 500 for dress and 200 for church and we split 700. Now if you are just the madrina for baptism but your not for the quince than you can just tell them (if you can) that you will sponsor invitations or cake, etc... (one itme) or donate $$ for the hall, dj, etc (not everything, just one item). It is really up to you, what you can do or offer! Hope this works or makes sense.

Visit our page for more info: Invites by Lizzie

Posted by elizabeth; updated 10/13/09