Beware Of Vendor Amazing Characters&Kids Characters

I am writing this as I was horrified by one of the vendors. They go by Amazing Character or Kids Characters to You or Kids Characters. Site is www.character-visits.com and they have a few numbers from 866.611.6699 to 866.333.2623.

I called to get information on booking a character and when I did not bite on their Very high end price of almost $300/hour telling him that is too steep for my budget he gave me a Major attitude and hung up on me. So I moved on with my search and found another place (not knowing they have a few phone numbers with the SAME guy picking up) and when I called he says "didn`t you just call us? You are the one that just called and had like a Heart Attack when I told you the price" AND HE HUNG UP ON ME. This time I called back and he says "what do you not have a job?" and hung up on me again.

He was so cold and rude and scary and in today`s economy to say that to someone is one thing but to be working with Kids?

Clearly, they are trying every online marketing gimmick to get calls in and get business so be careful!!! I say this as a professional in traditional and online marketing for fashiond and high end retailer and as a Mom.

Ironically, I was looking for a character for a weekly charity event, was looking to pay full price for the character but after a few phone calls felt that they were too pricey as compared to the market out there and clearly they are scammers and doing this to capitalize on a market where parents are willing to spend on their kids.

Hopefully, these `characters` will stay clear away from our kids!!
Posted by Unhappy Customer; updated 09/15/09

I just want to clarify one portion of my message. In my rush to report I realize it might not have been clear.

Ironically, I am not only currently employed but am connected with social/traditional media to a reach / network of over 500 affluent families in NJ that would spend even way more than $300/hr for their kids party BUT I was looking for a character for a weekly charity event and was on a budget. Was looking to pay full price for the character but after a few phone calls felt that Amazing Characters/Kids Characters Company were too pricey as compared to the general kids character market out there. The way he handled me Clearly shows that Amazing Characters/Kids Characters Company are scammers and doing this not because they love it or love kids but are doing it to capitalize on a market where parents are willing to spend on their kids.

Also to clarify...I meant that hopefully, these `characters` (AKA Amazing Characters/Kids Characters Company) will stay clear away from our kids!! Not that all characters should as having Spiderman or Dora at your party is great with a legit company!

I NEVER post complaints and go as far as clarifying but I am truly horrified as a mother and as someone in the marketing communications industry for over 10 years.
Posted by Unhappy Customer; updated 09/15/09