Quinceanera Games

Hey, I have been thinking of wayz to entertain my guest on my 15 an was wondering if anybody knows of any games that can be played that are mainly for Quinceaneras.
Posted by Cindy Morales; updated 09/08/03

Hay cindy,
Well you could like put out some pictures of you at different ages and have your guests put them in chronological order and then give the winner a prize. My cuzin had that for her graduation party but i still think it`s a great game for a quinceanera. Hope you llike it
Posted by danny; updated 09/08/03

FIRST OF ALL U AINT NEED TO BE PLAYING GAMES!!
THIS IS A QUINCE IT AINT NO SLUMBER PARTY! PPL R SUPPOSE TO DANCE NOT PLAY!!
Posted by babygurl; updated 09/08/03

The thing is Christian and Doesn`t believe in dancing, So I`m not gonna have a dance...it could suck but it would be the only way that I can have a Quince. So even without a dance, well ifave to entertain the guests somehow.
Posted by Cindy Morales; updated 09/10/03

Oops...I mean the thing is that my mom is Christian and the only way I could have a Quince is w/out a dance!! Sorry I messed up on the otha message.
Posted by Cindy Morales; updated 09/10/03

Well that changes everything....well do u really want a quince w/o a dance? i know it aint up 2 u 2 decide but wats a quince w/o being able to dance i bet ull have much more fun if instead of havin a quince u use that money 2 go on a trip with one of ur friends or ur family but if u want a quince idk wat 2 tell u bout the games
Posted by babygurl; updated 09/10/03

YO PREFIERO NOT TO GET A QUINCE IF THERES NOT A DEANCE IM SORRY BUT YOUR GOING TO BE BORD ASS HELL IM JUST SAYING BUT THATS YOUR PARTY........
Posted by CRISTAL; updated 09/13/03

THIS GURL I KNOW HAD A 15ANERA LIKE THAT AND IT WAS AIGHT. CINDY DO WHATEVA YOU WANT "K" CAUSE A 15ANERA ISNT ALL ABOUT DA PARTY ITS ABOUT TURNING INTO A WOMAN. OH AND THIS IS DA OTHER BABYGURL.
Posted by *BABYGURL*; updated 09/13/03

I have the same problem that you do. I am Christian too and iI`m also looking for games to play and for things to entertain my guests. And for all you other people i have been to plenty quinceaneras that don`t have dances and they have all been wonderful. A quinceanera is just a gathering with the people you most love and that have seen you grow so if you just go to quinceaneras to dance and not really see the quinceara girl then theres a problem.
Posted by marisol; updated 03/18/05

It`s okay. I`m Christian and I know I`m not getting a dance. But I really don`t want one. The loud music gives me headaches and the dancing makes people sometimes look ridiculous. But I`ve accepted that. Dancing is only a distraction from my relationship with God. Anyway, there are plenty of things instead of a dance. You could try singing (if you like to) a nice song, or have someone else sing it, or you could have a poem read. There are also other objectives, like games for example. Maybe pass around special objects you`ve had in your life (like a toy or a jewelry box) and have your loved ones guess what you really loved as a child and what isn`t even yours. Kinda sounds corny, but it can work. But of course, the most important thing is that you are leaving your childhood and entering the world as a woman, ready to serve God and his will.
P.s. You could always search the internet
Posted by Emmy; updated 04/21/05

First of all you dont have to be saying that your mom is christian if you love god you will acept him to 2nd of all im christian and im getting a quince with games and you do dance but its called a dansa and you and ur damas do it 4 god and thats all but the other people dont dance just you and the damas like for 5 min.
Just to get it streight so dont talk if you dont no
Posted by claudia; updated 07/13/06

Yes, i`m christian also and i`m not dancing!

I`m looking for games as well...

S
Posted by Steph; updated 05/17/07

There is nothing wrong with having a 15 without a dance. The problem is that our people have gotten used to the dancing, drinking, and the noise. They have forgotten the real reason we as Hispanics celebrate this special occasion. If you think having a dance will make your party better, your wrong. I had a 15 with games and I had fun. Well when the party is coming out of your parents pocket, you really can`t be complaining. You & your friends need to respect that you live in a Christian household. It` s sad to see you had to adjust your message to say that your mom is Christain and leave yourself out. There is no need to leave God out of this, since it was Him who let you make it to 15. Trust me leaving God out of the picture just to please other`s is the biggest mistake you can ever make. SOG
Posted by sonia; updated 10/08/07

Everyone is a Christian.
Baptist, Catholic, Everyone!!
It all depends on what type of church you attend.
Like me, for instense.
I go to a Church of Christ.
What type of church do you go to that does not allow danceing?
Danceing makes people happy.
Why would God not want you to dance if it makes you happy and it is not harming anyone.
You people are just confused.
Posted by Jehsikah; updated 01/29/08

Having a quince is about turning 15 not for the guest to have all the fun, Im cristian and proud, if you are not proud and having a dance or you just don`t want a party cause you r not having a dance well you might as well don`t say u r cristian.
Posted by clara; updated 08/04/09

You can play hot potatoe with a colored stone placed on the tables each table must have at least one winner the winner takes the recuerdos of the table so people won be fitting over them:)
Posted by kittykat; updated 10/18/09

Lol sorry about the other message but at least it a game
Yeah and what sonia said is right it doest matter what other people think because theres always going to be that kind of people out there be proud :o
Posted by kittykat; updated 10/18/09

Yea i agree, im having my quince and i am a Christian too. At first i didnt wana hav one because i new that it wuldnt b how i saw other people have theirs but when i read all of the messages here and specially sonias i really dont care if people are bored at my quince, because that was my biggest concern. Because now a days teens think that a quince or sweet 16 is all about partying and all that but its not. Anyways, i agree that you dont need to dance to have fun at a quince. But i really need to find some games for mine lol.
Posted by genesis; updated 01/19/10

Well heres a good game have everyone sit on chairs facing one direction in a circle then have everyone lay on the person behind them and have there left arm go across to you right shoulder and hold on to the persons hand behind you then have you right hand hold the other persons hand in front of you then slowly remove chairs and everyone is depending on the person behind them to keep them up.
Posted by princess; updated 05/11/10

I am a Christian as well and it`s not that dancing is bad, but dancing innappropriately is wrong (your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit). One thing to worship God through dance and other thing to satisfy sinful pleasure through dance :) Don`t worry a quince without a dance is not going to be boring! Trust me I have been to quinces wihout a dance and it was beautiful! And I have been to quinces where there is inappropriate dancing and people that are sitting down just watching... Not very fun :/
Posted by JM; updated 06/14/10

My daughter`s QuinceaƱera is June 11 and we are not having a dance for her. We are also Christian but we are also an organized church. Therefore, I think it will be a great turnout! She is just excited that all of our loved ones will be accompanying her, which is the most important. I`m creating a slideshow of pictures for her from her infancy until today and with it we will be playing beautiful christian music. I think this will be very special to her and to all our guests. I respect each and everyone`s opinion, therefore, I only give an idea of what you can do. Hope your QuinceaƱera turns out great!
Posted by *; updated 06/04/11