Have A ?......!

Can someone please tell me and my mom what is a "Surprise" gift ? And the meaning of recieving that and if it is necessary . Thanks Nydia
Posted by Nydia H.; updated 09/08/03

There is no such thing as a surprise gift, however some padrinos use the term to give the quinceanera something special like a trip to Mexico or a cruise trip to the bahamas. I was present when a padrino gave the girl a trip to Europe for a month, that is a surprise gift because no one knew about it, not even the madrina.
Also, it can be used the other way around, you, the quinceanera prepare something special for you parents. Like a skid, dance, poem, song, whatever you are good at. One day the quinceanera sang a song she wrote thanking the parents and padrinos for been there. It is a nice touch and something they will never forget. Just remember, the party is yours, but without your family, you have nothing.
Alejandro
Posted by alejandro; updated 09/09/03

Thanks for clearing that up for us. My mom was saying that was a first for her she had never heard about a surprise gift. But once again Thanks for responding to my question. Suzie and Nydia.........Aloha!
Posted by Nydia H.; updated 09/09/03

Aloha Suzie an Nydia, anytime, but for future questions, you can email me at sacubayuca@yahoo.com I will try to answer any question regarding quinceaneras.
Alejandro
Posted by alejandro; updated 09/09/03