Re: 18th Birthday Party Program Script

I NEED HELP, I WILL MC AN 18TH DEBUT PARTY THIS SATURDAY AUG. 15. HOPE YOU CAN SEND ME THE SCRIPT ASAP. IF YOU ALSO HAVE THE MEANING OF 18 CANDLES AND ROSES THAT WILL BE GREAT!. THANKS A LOT AND MORE POWER!
Posted by Yel; updated 08/12/09

This ones says that the father is last and the boyfriend is next to last but this is a little different.

The other popular dance is The 18 Roses Dance where the Debutante shares a memorable dance with 18 men with each one offering a freshly-cut red beautiful rose. The father of the debutante is typically the first one to dance, often called The Father and Daughter Dance. The Debutante picks the 18 songs to play and the participants normally include relatives, friends, godfathers, neighbors and acquaintances.

Next of the tradition is The 18 Candles Presentation, wherein 18 ladies will light 18 candles to resemble the 18 lights that will serve as guidance to the debutante as she makes her transition to the status of a full grown woman. Sometimes, the 18-lighted candles are the candles that the debutante blows before she cuts the cake. Most often, the mother of the debutante is the last of the 18 candles participants. Each participant also says a word, a congratulatory note or wishes to the debutante.
Posted by Coco; updated 08/14/09