I Need Help Finding A Reading .

I need help finding a reading for the church part what should it say?i have no idea what i m doing i really dont read the bible so it is kinda hard finding one please some one help!!!!!!!!
Posted by Michelle; updated 09/01/03

Your Priest should tell you what reading you will be doing. If he doesn`t, try these.
First Reading - Jeremiah 1:4-10
Second Reading - 1Corinthians 13:4-8
Posted by M.J.; updated 09/09/03

Here is what Jeremiah 1:4-10 says:
Now the word of the LORD came to me saying, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations." Then I said, "Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, I do not know how to speak, for I am only a youth." But the LORD said to me, "Do not say, `I am only a youth`; for to all to whom I send you you shall go, and whatever I command you you shall speak. Be not afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you, says the LORD." Then the LORD put forth his hand and touched my mouth; and the LORD said to me, "Behold, I have put my words in your mouth. See, I have set you this day over nations and over kingdoms, to pluck up and to break down, to destroy and to overthrow, to build and to plant."

And here is a Reflection on Jeremiah 1:4-10
By the Rev Wanda Copeland

Jeremiah is overwhelmed that God would designate him as one to speak God`s prophetic word to the people. His first words are "Ah, Lord God! Truly I do not know how to speak, for I am only a boy" (v. 6). Jeremiah was convinced of his inadequacy because of his age, his inexperience, his lack of knowledge. How could he do something as important as deliver God`s message? God gives Jeremiah the answer: "Do not say, `I am only a boy` ... Do not be afraid ... For I am with you to deliver you." (v. 6-7).

God has a unqiue message written in our hears and souls that only we can deliver. Is God calling you to speak out on behalf of the creation? Has God called you to proclaim over the Gospel of covenant God made with all the earth since the begtinning?

"Do not say, `I am [inadequate]`." "God will be with you."

Look back for Corinthias soon.
Alejandro
Posted by alejandro; updated 09/09/03

Here is what Corinthias 13 4-8 says:
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
It is very explicit it needs no explanation. Good luck and God bless you.
Alejandro
Posted by alejandro; updated 09/09/03