Quinceanera

Hello. My name is Alyson and I am turning 14 in a few months. I would love to have a quinceanera but I have no idea where to start. I would be interested in finding out informtaion about the average cost of a quince, as well as some traditions that are still popularly used today. I also have a few questions about the dress. I`ve heard that a white quince dress is traditional, but many mothers don`t want thier 15 year-old looking like brides, and opt for a pastel-colored dress. Does this depend on your country`s traditions? Also, are there any themes that are pretty, but can still be made personal? Thank you so much for your help, I really have no idea where to start.
Posted by Alyson; updated 04/10/09

Well, alyson, it is your day, and everything should be the way YOU want it to be. If there is a theme that you like, go withit, no matter how many times its been used! and the dress can be any color, its your choice, for example, mine is gold, and my sister`s was dusty rose, ivory, and green. It all depends on what you want your day to be like. HAVE FUN WITH IT!!!
Posted by Jme Malva; updated 07/30/09

I agree, it is really what you want it to be. Hopefully your mom wont mind with the decisions you make. Hopefully you and your parents work together to make your day wonderful.

Visit our page for more info: Invites by Lizzie

Posted by elizabeth; updated 08/01/09