Wording Invitation/Outdoor Wedding - It Rains

I have been searching the web and local libraries for the correct etiquette for phrasing on a wedding invitation for an outdoor wedding if weather causes the ceremony to be moved inside.

The indoor location is about one mile away from the park where the outdoor wedding would take place if the weather is okay. I`m thinking the invitation would look something like,

Request the honour of your presence
At Blue Springs Vesper Park
5:00 PM
June 19

Then on the corner or on another card (with map?) would be

In the event of inclement weather,
Services will be held at the ________
Beginning at 5:30 PM
June 19

Reception Immediately Following

If you know the correct wording or if a card/map should be sent seperately, please help! Also, if you`d satisfy my curiosity and tell me WHERE in world you found that answer, I`d love to know. Thanks so much.
Posted by Stacey; updated 08/15/03

I am having the same problem the examples that I have come up with are

In case of rain the ceremony will be held at
Zion Lutheran Church
454 Street
Pembroke O

If weather does not permit the ceremony
Will be held at
Zion Lutheran Church
454 Mer Street
Pembroke O

If the weather in not in our favor
Please join us at
Zion Lutheran Church
157 iller Street
Pembroke O

An alternative location if
Rain is in our day will be
Zion Lutheran Church
454 Mier Street
Pembroke, O

If you can help me with other ideas that would be great
Posted by Tracy; updated 01/06/04

Check this site page:

Http://www.invitationsillustrated.com/other_links/styles/pop_up_wording_ideas.htm

Try to find it there.

By the way their invites are quite nice.

Monci
Posted by Monci; updated 06/21/04

Check this site page:

Http://www.invitationsillustrated.com/other_links/styles/pop_up_wording_ideas.htm

Try to find it there.

By the way their invites are quite nice.

Monci

Visit our page for more info: Invitations Illustrated

Posted by Monci; updated 06/21/04

To Whom It May Concern: We are having a destination wedding in April and a reception on May 14 for about 275-300 people in our yard under tents. We are the groom`s parents and are hosting. We want the reception to be an open house from 3:00- 11:00. Music will go from 4-10. The dinner is being catered from 5:00-8:00. Lisa and Brent are the bride and groom. We are not concerned about rain because we have a big house and will go inside if needed. What is the correct wording for such an invitation. I have already designed my announcements and this will be inside. The wedding is private. Thanks
Posted by Lynn Conwell; updated 01/27/05