Need Your Opinion

We r throwing a quincearnera 4 my daughter in Oct 2003 She hasn`t choosen or really thought of having a theme is it ok that we don`t? Also she choose not 2 have anyone else in her quincearnera because she said this is HER day to celebrate her new life with God, family and friends. Also at the dance she would like 2 dance with her 2 nino`s and finish with her dad any suggestion`s on how 2 start all this. All opinion;s welcome
Posted by Grace; updated 08/02/03

I think that she is been a little egoist. The party is for her but she has to remember that without you and your family she will be a nobody. If she wants to dance with her ninos that is fine, but she can also do it during the traditional waltz. You don`t have to have a theme for the party, in fact many people dont even worry about it. The dress should be in my opinion white simbolizing purity, just like marriage. Talk to her maybe she changes her mind, remember teens are so impredictables.

Good luck and if you need an instructor and live in southern california then let me know.
Alejandro
Posted by alejandro; updated 08/02/03

Hi, i don`t know what you consider a theme, some people consider a theme, like what it is and some consider a certain color a "theme" you don`t have to have a theme, like cindrella, ect. Most people don`t but a certain color or too is necessary just like any elegant party!

Good Luck!
Posted by *~Joanna~*; updated 08/02/03

Well, im having my 15s in oct 2003 also. Im having it totally opposite: da 14 parejas wit me n my partner as the 15th pareja. Im having my theme as under water and i come out of a shell and my dads bring me down and then i dance with them each song. Then i walk with my mom around the dance floor to a pretty song (im having wing beneath my wings). Them my bro wil come and give me a corsage or w.e. Then my sister and girl cousin come out as flowers grls wit the couples. Then we dance to some merenge songs. Im also having the candle ceremony. My dress is white and tradiional. The grls r in a nice elegant baby blue dress and the boys have a black tux wit a blue tie. The main guys like my dads, my bro, and my partner have a bow instead of a tie to stand out a little. Well u dont really need a theme and she doesnt have to have partners but itll be nice to include ur family at leasy like the father daughter dance or something like dat. Good luck!!!!
Posted by michelle; updated 08/11/03

WELL I AGREE WITH YOUR DAUGHTER CAUSE ITS HER DAY TO SHINE AND YOU DONT WANT THE DAMAS GETTING ALL THE ATTENTION. I`VE BEEN TO SOME QUINCEANERAS WHERE THE DAMAS ARE THE ONES THAT ARE GETTING THE ATTENTION BECAUSE THEYRE SHOWING OFF. HER OWN IM HAVING MINE SOON AND IM NOT SURE I WANT DAMAS EITHER IM JUST HAVING CHAMBELANES FOR THE DANCE. BUT IF SHES SHY THE DAMAS WILL GIVE HER ALOT OF SUPPORT BECAUSE SHE WONT BE THE ONLY GURL. SO ASK HER IF SHES COMFORTABLE WITH BEING THE ONLY GURL. LET HER DO HER OWN THANG DONT FORCE HER TO HAVE DAMAS IF SHE DOESNT WANT TO.
Posted by *BABYGURL*; updated 08/11/03

MY COUSIN ALSO HAD HER QUINCEANERA WITH 2 GUYS ONLY, NOW THAT I REMEMBER,FIRST SHE DID THE WALTZ WITH HER 2 GUYS THEN AFTER THE WALTZ THEY DANCED TO A KUMBIA KING SONG AND THEY STARTED TO TELL PEOPLE TO GO UP AND DANCE . LATER ON IN THE PARTY SHE DANCED WITH HER DAD THEN THEY ANNOUNCED THE GODFATHERS AND GODMOTHERS AND HER AND HER DAD SLOWED DANCE WITH ALL OF THEM JUST FOR LIL` WHILE SO THEY COULD ALL HAVE A TURN. HOPEFULLY IT GIVES YOU AN IDEA.
Posted by *BABYGURL*; updated 08/11/03

We never use a theme in there quinceaneras and i dont think its necessary to. They look pretty with just flowers and balloons. She doesnt have to do everything in the traditional way like we never do the candle thing or use all 14 damas and chambelanes.
Posted by MoReNiTa; updated 08/11/03

Hi ,
I read your problem. I had a quinceanera a year ago. And i had a rainbow theme. And at the reception i danced with all my ninos and ninas. And also woth my parents . It sounds good so far . Well that all . I hope that everything turns out the way u want it to. Enjoy ur special day. Bye
Posted by renee; updated 08/25/03

Well i think it will be kind aplain with out having any one coming out. I have an idea why doesn`t she have all guys in her quinceanera. It`s really nice...
Posted by MOUSIE; updated 08/25/03

I think that she should have everybody there so that she can dance with. It would look very nice. And don`t worry about having a theme most people don`t even worry about that. They just go and have fun. So tell her to go and have fun don`t worry about anything else. And tell her if she wants i can get the kumbia kings to go perform because at my Quincernera i had them go and perform.
Posted by Elizabeth Rocha; updated 09/29/03