Waltz With Padrinos

I recently went to a quinceanera and after the girl danced with her dad and then with her chambelanes she had each of her padrinos and madrinas called up so she could dance with them. I`ve seen this done at every quinceanera I`ve been to so I`m assuming it`s tradition. The problem is that a lot of people were complaining about hearing the same waltz over and over again and that it was taking too long for her to dance with her padrinos. I don`t want to bore my guests at my party but I definitely want to recognize my padrinos so they know I appreciate them. Any ideas?
Posted by Gabriela; updated 07/29/03

Recognize them with a special favor or a corsage or lapel pin ... Make it so it know they HELP in a big way to bring this about... Not necessary having to include them in the dance. Have something special made for them to show off.

Just my opinion.
Posted by Bibi; updated 07/29/03

My daughter did not have the 14 couples she only danced w/her father and then she took a separate song to dance w/her grandfathers. She started w/the maternal grandfather and at a particular point in the song she was twirled by him at which time she continued and finished dancing w/her paternal grandfather. It took a little practice since they both have 2 left feet but at the end it was really nice and not a dry eye in the room.
Posted by Maria; updated 07/21/04

YEAH I WUZ THINKIN` DA SAME THANG I MEAN IT TAKES FO EVA TO DANCE W/EVERY SINGLE ONE OF `EM...STRAIGHT UP BORING... BUT MAH SIS N MOM WERE ALL LIKE YA HAVE TO DANCE W/`EM ITS A TRADITION N BLAH BLAH BLAH...BUT DAYUM I HELLA DONT WANNA DO DAT... SO I DUNNO IMA TRY TALKIN` TO MAH MOM AGAIN SEE WUT SHE SAYS...
Posted by *ShOrTy*; updated 07/24/04

Why dont yall do a dance with like 1 or 2 people and then let everyone dance and then do another 2 or 3 people and go on i might do that what do yall think cause i mean thas tru u dont wanna bor ur guest cause then some be talkin and u dont want that
Posted by Steffy; updated 07/25/04