Got A Question?? Post It Here And I`ll Help!

Hey chicks! got a questions bout ur 15eras just post the message here and I`ll try my best to help ya!
Posted by Thais; updated 07/24/03

Hey thais i need help on the food part. You see my mom is from Nicaragua and my dad is from Guatemala but a lot of the friends my mom is inviting are mexican. Do you know how i can get a little bit of everything and still have people try it all? please help and give me some advice.
Posted by damaris; updated 07/24/03

Damaris,
This situation isn`t as hard as u think it is. Listen just have a little bit of everything: mexican food, nicaragua food, and guatemala food. Everybody is gonna try the food no matter what. You could also not have mexican,nicaragua, or guatemala food you could just have american food......everybody would eat of course.
You`re 15era is gonna be just fine girlfriend and don`t worry too much just live life and have fun with it! any more questions just post it here and I`ll write back to ya!
Posted by Thais; updated 07/25/03

Well thanks so much you really helped. I have another question. The place that we might rent won`t let you have any type of alchohol and many of my relatives and moms friends drink. Also the party has to be over by 11pm and i think that it is lame having it end at 11pm. There are two reasons we might get that one. 1. Because it is cheap it is only 1,000 and 2. Because the one i wanted was way more and already taken for the date i wanted. Do you really think that i should get it still or not? please help
Posted by damaris; updated 07/25/03

What are the godparents responsibility for the 15 year. What are they suppose to provide?
Posted by Terri; updated 07/25/03

Damaris,
If I was you I wouldn`t really take it, I mean whats the use if they don`t let u have any type of alcohol, it would be nice if u did a toast u know? My advice is to keep on searching and talk to some friends maybe they know of a big place that`s still cheap and that they let u end the party whenever and let u provide some drinks like wine an beer if you`d like. Listen, ur party has to be perfect and beautiful so if U have to sacrifice anything like paying a little more money do it , save some money, that`s what I`m doing....if u have godparents they r supposed to help u with the dress the food and the reception so ur parents wouldn`t have to pay a lot Anything else?
Posted by Thais; updated 07/26/03

Terri,
The godparents r kinda the ones who r supposed to help ya with the expenses, like when u buy the dress ect. They should at least give ya`ll some money to help.
But, u don`t really have to have godparents cus most likely they don`t do anything in the mass or the party except be there with ya, accompanying(sp) u. So it`s ur choice....any more questions?

Could you tell me where to find a video or the steps to the dance? I have been put in charge of this event and have no clue what I am doing. I am not even hispanic and I don`t have very much time to get it together. They are a real good family and I am honored that they are including me!

Thanks,
Shannan
Posted by Shannan; updated 07/26/03

Shannan,
I don`t really know of a video or anything but there has to be a store just for quiceaneras everywhere. If u can`t find one just look for a choreographer, it will help a lot, plus the dance moves aren`t that hard, u could even ask someone who had experienced a 15era so they can teach u the moves. Don`t worry! anything else?

I`m bearly going to be 14 should I start with the plans. My parents are already looking for a place. What do I do.
Posted by yazmin; updated 07/26/03

Hey do u know n e websites on quinceanera cakes? Cause im tryin to get a idea of how i want my cake to look like! If u do know n e websites pleace send to my e-mail!
Thanx alot!
Posted by olivia; updated 07/26/03

Any other suggestions? I live in kY and there are no Quince store`s - chorographers - nothing here at all! No one has had a Quince in our area that can assist. Our population are migrant workers and in Mexico they were never able to have a Quince because they had no money. This has always been a dream of theirs and now that they are in the US they are wanting their daughters to have one - ya know, giving their children what they never had - so they don`t even know what to do themselves they just know they have to have one. Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks, Shannan
Posted by Shannan; updated 07/27/03

Shannan,
I`m really trying my best to help ya! for the father and daughter dance I can`t really explain how u dance it, sorry but my advice is to keep on looking and if u can`t find anything who really knows to explain it well then you should probably dance the song just like if u where dancing a normal slow song ya know. Or if u have the Cinderella theme u should watch the movie and download the cinderella song( the song that cinderella dances to at the ball) and try to learn the steps they both, cniderella and her prince are doing! any more help? P.S I wish I was there to help ya out!
Posted by Thais; updated 07/28/03

Hey thais well i really took the food thing undre consideration and i told my mom and she liked it but she said that it might turn out to be alot of money. So she said that for one of her friends party they just got a taquero(taco person) but the problem is would it look cheap to have one of those at a quinceanera and would everyone eat? please help me?
Posted by damaris; updated 07/28/03

Damaris,
I don`t think it would look cheap on having a taco person but I think that not all the people u invited are gonna like tacos you should probably have something else....homemade...like burritos i don`t know ,something from ur country that way everybody will eat---don`t worry, everybody will eat.
Posted by Thais; updated 07/29/03

Hey i am having a quinceanera on the 20th of dec. I thinki have everything but im not sure i got the centerpieces,flowers,table decerations,the dress that i want ,the only thing that i haven`t chose for sure isthe damas dresses,i got the tuxs the dj the food the arrangment to get there i got the invitations picked out and i reallly don`t remember what else that i nee dwith out my binder
Posted by bridgette; updated 07/29/03

Shannan,
If you drive up to waukegan,il there is a shop called quinceanera boutique.its really cool

$babydoll$
Posted by babydoll; updated 07/29/03

Aight well ma name is lina n im havin ma 15 in oct but da thing is dat i have noting ready n its really close...i havent got a dress.....do u htink its goonda cum out good cuz dont have alot of time to plan??? if anybody has info about it or sumthing dat will help me can u please email me....dathonduraschik@aol.com
Posted by lina; updated 08/02/03

Hey gurl,
I really need your help. Im just starting to plan my quincenera and i live in kansas city. I was wondering if you knew any websites or have any ideas for my quincenera.plz e-mail me at mhc_13@hotmail.com. I need help and planning all this stuff. Thnx. And laterz
Posted by mariam; updated 08/03/03

Hello! i`m having a quince in September and i don`t have the surprise dance yet. I wuz thinking about doin the dance off of the movie "Grease" (when their doin the hand jive thing) and mixing it in w/ other oldies. I need help please so if u think this idea iz alright or if u have any other suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. My e-mail address iz beat_rice911@yahoo.com
Posted by ~Marissa~; updated 08/03/03

Can somebody explain what a "surprise dance" is?
Posted by JaSmInE; updated 08/06/03

Hi everyone, I wanted to know if anyone was in need of a makeup artist?
I can help, I`m a makeup artist who does great work. I also speak spanish.
Posted by Dorys; updated 08/06/03

Where do you live Dorys?.....I would be interested in your services....

Rebecca
Posted by REBECCA; updated 08/07/03

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for responding, I live in San Mateo California. I hope you live close by.
Posted by Dorys; updated 08/07/03

Can you help me? Should i choose my brother or my crush to be my partner. I really like this boy named jose and i realy want him to be my partner, but i don`t want my brother to get hurt.WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Posted by mousy; updated 08/07/03

I need help with my quinceaƱera I don`t know if I should have damas. Idon`t even know what they are for. Please help I don`t know how to start.
Posted by yazmin; updated 08/07/03

Hey i really really really need help with har styles i cant see to find ones that work. I have medium leagth hair and i know everyone is saying look in magz. But minez next week so i really dont have time!
Thankz if you can help!
~Lexy
Posted by lexy; updated 08/21/03

Hey i really really really need help with har styles i cant see to find ones that work. I have medium leagth hair and i know everyone is saying look in magz. But minez next week so i really dont have time!
Thankz if you can help!
~Lexy
Posted by lexy; updated 08/21/03

Lexy, go on google and go on images and type in hairstyle and a million pics will show up good luck`nycbabi
Posted by nycbabi; updated 08/22/03

Shannan,
If u go on google u can look up WALTZ DANCE STEPS and couple sites will come up and they actually tell u every move to do try it ~good luck ,nycbabi

Hey guys i need sum help my 15 is in feb now my im havin 7 girls n 7 guys i need help with my colors i know my dress is gonna be pink but what other color should i chose please help me ~nycbabi

Nycbabi~~~ wat dress u gonna have maybe dat will help sum gurls use pink(light) wit a melon color
Posted by KIM; updated 08/22/03

Kim` i dont really understand what u tryen to say could u please explain a lil more please thanx~nycbabi

My daughter is an attendant in her friend`s quincenera. What would be an appropriate gift for my daughter to give her. I am not familiar with quinceneras....is a normal teenage birthday gift appropriate? Or is there some sort of tradition?
Posted by Bernadette; updated 08/22/03