Quincenera

I`m trying to help my friend plan her 15. The problem is trying to find her a partner. I really think she deserves the best but the problem is that the guy she wants for a partner already has a girlfriend who also happens to be one of the girls. I have no idea what to do. Another problem is finding the right dress for the girls. I`m gong towards a fancy colonial type of theme. Do you know of any websites that would have great gowns of this type?
Posted by irene; updated 07/24/03

Hey girlfriend! first off I think it`s very nice of ya trying to help ur pal, anyways you can go to marysbridal.com and u will find a variety of gowns and they are very beautiful too and also for the guy thing (which I`m really srry) in my opinion I think that she can find another guy who`s even better than him she just gots to look around and have eyes wide open cuz there are some pretty hot and nice guys around so good luck to ur friend. Any more questions? do it here and I`ll write back to ya!
Posted by Thais; updated 07/24/03

Thanks Thias for replying to my message. It`s just that the guy that my friend wants for a partner also likes her but his girlfriend has no clue. Besides being totally hot and sincere (most of the time) his family is really nice. His mother especially loves my friend. She`s always calling her and chatting for hours. In my opinion his mother loves her more than he does (sort of scary). But my friend wouldn`t mind having her for a mother in law. Now the worst part is that this guy my friend likes and his girlfriend don`t even like eachother but if we ask him to be her partner this girl would be bound to get pissed. And so far we don`t have enough girls becuase most of our friends are older than us. But at the same time I wouldn`t mind getting her mad becuase she`s pretty rude to me at the beginning of last year and what would be better revenge than stealing her boyfriend? (just kidding). I`m really not that cruel besides I have a crush on her brother. She can be nice sometimes but my friend really likes her boyfriend. And it`s pretty hard for us to find guys becuase at our school only 10% of the guys are really okay in a sense. And we don`t meet a lot of guys out of school. My friend said her mom is threatening to make her little brother her partner if she doesn`t find anyone on time. (she`s freaking out!) do you know where we can find any approved guys that the parents will like?

Irene,
I don`t really know where you can find approved guys that the parents would like , all I can say is that if the guy likes ur friend that most likely ur pal should go for it and not be afraid I mean he does like her. And about his girlfriend forget her! she`s had her chance and now it`s ur friends turn and also her special day has to be perfect !!! If ur pal asks him and he says yea
Then i think that he should break up with his gf as soon as possible (nicely, not hurt her feelings) and she will probably drop out cuz she wont feel right but listen if you pray to God ur friends 15era will be beautiful no matter what. Write back! sorry if something doesnt make sense!

Thais,
You sound like you`re an expert at 15era`s.
Can you help me find some different themes that my friend can use. At first I was going for either elegant colonial/victorian theme but now thinking about it should my friend stick to something simple and pretty like Cinderella. Before like earlier this year my friend had kind of wanted an egyptian sort of theme. What sort of theme is common? What theme are you using for your own 15era? -thanks for your great responses!

Thanx! Some themes ur friend could use would be: hawaiin tuau, precious moments, hello kitty angel and cinderella(i like it a lot and ur 15era would be beautiful). I think that the egyptian kinda thing is nice and cool it`s somethin` original and I like it. Just think about Cleopatra.......but ur friend should go with her heart whatever she picks will be just fine and great! any more questions???

Thias:
One problem I am really wracking my mind about are the damas and their partners. I want all the girls to look beautiful but obviously not too much to draw attention away from my friend. I don`t really know what sort of dress would make everyone look gorgeous despite different shapes and sizes. I want something elegant for them becuase after all i`m also one of the girls but not too good looking. Should they also have tiaras or a crown of tiny flowers? Maybe one golden band? What kind of jewelery should they wear? Where can I look for dresses for them that are a bit more simple. I just don`t want them to wear prom dresses becuase that`s so unoriginal. And how do you find the right guy for each girl? and how to apporach them to ask if they`ll be one of the guys? This is so complicated. Thanks for all your help!

Irene,
Don`t worry it`ll all be great! ok u can check out this websites for the dresses the damas will be wearing.
Www.marysbridal.com , angeldelivers.com , cybergowns.com , quinceanera.org , quinceaneraboutique.com . Now listen u guys should probably get some simple elegant dresses cuz u dont really want all the attention just on the damas...of course...also I think that u guys shouldn`t let the damas choose their cham.... Cus I think that probably alll of a sudden they could brake up and get mad or somethin and decide not to be a dama or cham anymore and that wouldn`t be good lol.....they should wear some nice jewerly but not beautiful u know..the 15era should be the one wearing great jewerly with diamonds and stuff.. If u dont have that many guys just ask cousins brothers or any family member as well as ur best guy friend or somethin just try to make it better. Girlfriend just check out those webs and they have jewerly dresses and even more. Questions? ask me
Almost forgot! the damas would look good with tiaras or crowns with little flowers just choose whatever you`d think would look better!

Irene,
Got any more questions? ask me anything and I`ll try to help ya the best I can!

Seriously Thias you have been such a great help. I don`t know how much I can thank you for your great responses! I have a few more questions like what kind of hairstyles would be good for the damas and the 15era girl herself. Do know of any websites that might feature something of that sort? Is there any make up or hair products that you would reccomend? And one last thing do you have any ideas about shoes? -Thanks so much! I hope your own 15era goes well.

Irene,
I know that the one of most important thing about a quinceanera is the looks! so I checked out some websites for ya to see if I could find some info and stuff
And fortunately I did find some cool sites. For the hairsstyles you can visit:
Www.planningpotpourri.com/photo/index.pl?cat=514&thumb=1 (that all goes together of course) u will find some cool hairstyles for the damas and the 15era. For the shoes go to this website:
Www.fitforabride.com and for make-up go to avon.com
They have my fave make up! well hope this helped! I`ll be here if u got any more questions!
Posted by Thais; updated 07/25/03

I think that your friend should just ask this guy to be her partner because that is her special day and the only one that really matters is her. And if they dont even like eachother i dont understand why she would be mad. The way you describe her she sounds like a "female dog". If i was your friend i asked him to be my partner and more.
Posted by ShadowCat; updated 07/25/03

Irene,
Do u have any more questions? sorry if I`m not able to answer them on time it`s just that I`ll be busy today. My daddy is a DJ and we`re going to a 15era! I can`t wait
I`m gonna write down some ideas from that 15 era and share them with u and ur friend! I really wish I had a friend who could help me out with my 15era so I guess I`ve gotta find out stuff by myself! anyways feel free to ask me anything, I`m ur friend and I will try to do my best to help ya!
Posted by Thais; updated 07/25/03

Hey Thais,
Thanks for all your advice and suggestions! It`s been really nice of you to help me so much when you have your own 15era to plan. So you`re dad`s a DJ? that`s really cool! How was that 15era you went with him to? I do have a few more questions. Can you give me an approximate estimate of the cost of an average 15era? How many guests should she invite? What food should be served? How much should the dresses cost? Should they be made from scratch and a photo by a seamstress or bought at a store or online? Do you think that silver and a sort of light dark blue are good colors? What music should be played? Do you think I could play the Cinderella theme song on a piano for the father and daughter dance? My friend also asked me in advance to make a speech but I don`t know how to start it because there`s so much so say about her! We`re trying to find plastic/glass like shoes, do you know where I can find those? Thanks again, you`ve been such a great friend although I`ve never even met you before. (You see I`m not actually hispanic so that fact that my friend asked me for help was such an honor. It`s really great of her and you to share your cultures with me. )
Posted by irene; updated 07/28/03

Irene,
Thanz so much for ur compliments! Yea my dad is a DJ, and the 15era we went to was a disaster we didn`t even got to see the 15era `cuz when we got there(where he was supposed to play music), there was another guy who was gonna play the music and stuff so my dad got mad and left, those people didn`t even tell him that he couldn`t be the dj anymore! Anyway the number of people I`m inviting to my 15era are 200 people, which that would at leats cost like 35,000$ and that`s a lot of money so if u would like to invite less people the regular cost could be like 15,000$ . If she wants her dress to be fancy and beautiful she should probably spend 300-400 dollars or more. Now, about the silver and light dark blue colors I think it`s alright but if I was here I would rather combine silver with a light kinda pink. Also I think U should buy the dress at a store or online . I think that it owuld be wonderful for u to play the cinderella song at the father and daughter
Dance, even though there are some pretty father and daughter songs out there, but just stick with playing the song urself it would be so original and cool!
Posted by Thais; updated 07/28/03

IM having a quinceanera but not until next summer.My problem is I have no idea which song i`m going to pick for my waltz.I also need a song for my dad and I to dance with,don`t let me mention my partner.i really need help do you have any suggestions
Posted by janie; updated 08/07/03