I Have A Problem

I am going to have my quinceanera and my best friend is not sure if she wants to be in it. I want her to be my dama de honor. I asked her why she wasnt sure if she waned to bein it and she said it was because she wasnt going to have hers and she was going to feel bad. I dont know what to do. I really wanther to be in it. Please give me advise.
Posted by Melissa; updated 07/18/03

What her e-mail... I wanna convince her?
JUST KIDDING, BUT I WILL!!!

Hey, can i tell you sumthing, first of all i know your just asking for advice and not my opinion, but sometimes we girls get a little gelous of eachother,hypathetically speaking sometimes our gelousy turns into a bad thing, persay our best friend has this great idea that everyone loves, but slowly we start to think it`s lame or we don`t wanna be involved any more because were not the center of attention, and it was all their idea not my`ne, or somebody bought a t-shirt u wanted, they got before you and now ya hate it type thing, and i`m not say you are like that nor your friend but...

It seems to me like thats the reason why she doesn`t or isn`t sure about doing this for you,,, see know`s she`s not having one, and she`s kinda jelous of you right now... Honestly alot of girls would be if they were in her situation, and it`s not thats she`s a bad friend, she`s just being a poor sport really, and don`t let her attitude towards being your dama de honor, get in the mix of your friendhip, because it`s just a little jelousy issue, plain and simple, not of you, but what your getting, now she doesn`t like the t-shirt so much now, i hope u can follow that analogy.

So helping her out would be honestlyjust not talking about the quinceanera alot, and when you do go deep into it talk as if it`s all about her, like aren`t you excited, you`re gonna be a real pretty dress, are you gonna get your nails done a day before or a week, dude do you know how many guys are gonna be hitten on you ect. Instead of i can`t wait till my party, i hope i don`t mess up the dancing, cuz make her believe so much that this is her night to shine, even though it is, the only thing in her eyes right now is, there all gonna be pay`n attention ta her, were not an equal on this night it`s all about her, no one would evr give me that much attention...blah blah blah,,, but thats the truth!

Oh and the things i told you not to say like about your self aren`t selfish things to say, i just want to make that clear unless anyone is miss communicating me, it`s just by not saying those things to her, it`ll bring her out of this night of jelousy, and she`ll be so excited... Because come on the damas get almost the same amount of attention as the quinceanera... There all princesses!!!

P.s. Maybe if you could tell me why she isn`t having hers i can draw better conclusion!
Posted by Joanna; updated 07/19/03

*~*Conclusion*~* tHAT would be a new word in my vocabulary!!!
Posted by Joanna; updated 07/19/03

The reason she is not having her is because her 2 sisters couldnt afford theirs. So her mom thinks it would be unfair if she had hers and her sisters didnt.
Posted by Melissa; updated 07/19/03

Okay i`m not saying this is the case, and i completely understand i don`t know you or her, but from what i do know, it`s plain and simple, that`s the resean sh`e having doubts, is out of gelousy, don`t be surprise if she spit`s out spoiled brat behind your back, so the way to helpp her out, of her problem, is use this tipz i said, try and make it seem like it`s alll about her, even if it is a little dumb or stupid, and reallly understand that her attitude twoards this is just because she can`t have hers and please don`t let it get in the way of your friendship, and after your party and time passes she`ll be back to normal... It`s not gonn be like this forever!

I wish u the best!
Posted by Joanna; updated 07/20/03

Thanx ill try to convince her
Posted by Melissa; updated 07/21/03

Well, tell her that you would love her to be your dama, and that she shouldnt feel bad, that you want her to be in yours cuz shes ur best friend. Im going to be a dama in my best friends too!
Posted by kk; updated 10/08/05