Should I Have A Sweet 16?

Hey I had a Quinceanera last year November 29,2002. But I was wondering if I should have a sweet 16 b/c I had alot of fun at my 15era. Should I b/c we spent about 35,000-40,000 dollars. And I was wondering. I really dont want nothing big but something simple. It would be easier now b/c my parents are managers of a club and have a dj. So should I ask my parents for a small party or keep it to my self? Help e-mail. Thanks and Love ya!
Posted by Debra; updated 07/15/03

I think that you spent so much money on your quinceanera. But it would also be fun to have something small for a Sweet 16. You should only invite a couple friends to your parents club and have some food and dancing. Just something small and simple is good.
Posted by *Jennifer*; updated 07/16/03

Thanks Jenifer I was kinda going for that. Well ttylz
Posted by Debra; updated 07/16/03

Also I wanted to add is that I am going to have everything used from my 15era but put up in a diffrent way. Like my dress all of the flower b/c they were plastic so help me out peace out.

Here to Help:

Well im gonna tell u this your spoiled if you want to have both *~ :P ~*... I DO :) !!! But i probably wouldn`t have enough guts as you to ask for a sweet 16, but were in two totally different situatuions so my advice to you is gonna go by what i know about you and what you`ve told us... My quince is around 10,000 YOURS 35,OOO plus, in your situation i would ask for the party like this using these guidlines in your party:

When asking

"Mom & Dad, do you think it would be okay if on my birthday we could have a small party, nothing nearly as big as my quinceanera, just like friends come over, we listen to music, and the only think we need to buy is junk food, sodas, and a cake, plus put up a few decorations, it would be so much fun ! U know what would be a really good idea is if we could just use the club, and the dj could be there too, that way we wouldn`t have to have a big clean up @ the house...OMG, i could even wear my quinceanera dress...i`d be like a real sweet 16 party, cuz we`ve basically already got everything, thats ausome...i`d be so cheap too! What do ya think?"

GOOd LUck!!!
Posted by Joanna; updated 07/16/03

Hey thanks Joanna and well I am the only girl in my family but to tell u the turth i am not spoiled trust me I am not.But I dont mean it in a bad way . And I ask my mom today and she said she had to ask my dad so maybe by the end of the week. I will know. I was planning to have everything from my 15era like the flowers and stuff. The only thing we have to pay for is food. Well I have to go. But I still need some help well g2g bye.

Hey so if u do have ur sweet 16 what are going to be ur colors,food,music. Well go to go bye.
Posted by La Mexicana Loca; updated 07/17/03

Oops, i kinda meant the spoiled think as a joke, but if i go back and read it with the spoiled thing not intended as a joke, it kinda sounds rude! So sorry about that, no hard feelings!

But yeah, why don`t you tell me about what happened at your quinceanera? Howed it go, all the colors, the dress, romance??? And what your dad said?

Go on... I luv ta listen!
Posted by Joanna; updated 07/17/03

Hey sorry Joana if I sounded rude I really didnt mean too. Well my parents havent told me nothing yet but I hope soon. At my quincerana my colors were lavender and white. My dress was very poffy straples with a nice beaded jacket almost like a short shirt but not really. It had layers in the back and was beaded along the dress. I didnt have any romance at my quincerena I guess cuz at the time I liked this white guy no offense but he didnt like me so I went single and still am but hey I am living it up and loving it lol! So how about urs Jonana how was urs and I will tell u a little more laterz peace out.
Posted by La Chica; updated 07/17/03

Well my quince on next saturday...the 26TH, 8 dayz! I just know alot about quinceanera`s from others and my own experiences, i don`t wanna through you off, if i made it seem like i already had my`ne, and about the cost, i know my`nes around 10 thousand, because everythings already been purchased, i just don`t got my shoes, nails, hair and decorations, yet... So when my quince comes i`m gonna tell ya evrything how it went, so it`ll be a fresh, and i`m still gonna come back here cuz this is my favorite website, and it makes me sad that the qinceanera`s that just had there`s last weekend or tommorow, aren`t coming back ta share how there quince wen`t,

~*if any one else is reading this and u just had your quince or wanna share please do there fun to read about *~

But yeah, i`ve got everything, ready, the tiara hasn`t come in yet though it`ll be here next week... Oh yeah i`m singing at my quinceanera so that add`s up my nervousnis to the part, were you , or any other girls reading this nervous, about like the party or just the dancing, or both? Cuz, like when i`m in a play or at a choir concert, or just infront of an audience i can handle people looking and staring at me, but this party`s on more of a personal level ya know, so thats when too much attention can make me very nervous and maybe even insecure, which i hope i`m not gonna get because i`m sure i`ll look fine whether i believe or not, because all Quinceanera`s look GOOD, it`s a given! But i`m going nuts, and i need to stop thinking about it cuz it`s given me achzits and stomach aches!

I hope i don`t get sick! Did any of you guys get sick before or had butterflys???

Help~
Posted by Joanna; updated 07/18/03

I was kinda neuvous but when I had my dress on I felt like when I was 10 my dream was coming ture. Ya I was kinda worried that all the guys werent going to make it. But they did. Lol.I had fun cuz when I was 10 I wanted it to be pertty and perfect but it didnt turn out bad but there was some mess ups but we made it. Dont feel neurvos just feel like I made it this far so lets see what else is coming for me. And dont feel bad if I thought u had ur 15era but hey in a couple of week u will have it and u can tell me about ur day. Well got 2 go bye!
Posted by Debra; updated 07/18/03

Thank you!!!

So i should just not expect something to turn out in a certain way, just think of this party as a beautiful night ful of surprises where i`m the princess in gods eyes.
Posted by Joanna; updated 07/18/03

Hey 15eras whatsup! Well I just wanted to say Hi and if yall would like help or questions tell me.
Posted by La Chica Sexy; updated 07/20/03

Hey I ask my parents and they said I could have a sweet 16 but I can not have a graduation party what should I do. Suck w/b/s/a/p.
Posted by Debra; updated 07/21/03

Dang so u have to pick out of one or the other man thats going to be hard. But if I was u I would go with graduation party b/c its a time that finally says ur out of school and means ur are on ur way.
Posted by QUE VIVA MEXICO; updated 07/21/03

Hey i think u should just go with what ur gut tells u.
Posted by Party girl; updated 07/23/03

YOU SHOULD HAVE A PARTY BUT YOU SHOULD JUST INVITE YOUR FRIENDS AND HAVE A DJ. YOU KNOW WHAT IM SAYING? LIKE A KICK BACK PARTY . THATS WHAT MY FRIEND DID AND IT WAS HELLA TIGHT.
Posted by *BABYGURL*; updated 08/11/03

U should have a sweet sixteenth and spend that much money if you want one do badly!
That`s what I am going to do.
Posted by micaela; updated 11/03/04